Horne Lake beta

sexual_chocolate

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There's that mini-guide from Climbing magazine a few years back. I doubt there's been a huge amount of new-routing since.

My bro-in-law's father is on the property-owners council at Horne Lake, the latest I heard on re-opening the crags is that they (the cabin owners) have suggested that anyone who climbs there should be a member of some organization (eg CASBC) that has liability insurance ... which of course is never going to happen. I don't think they are anti-climbing at all ... just have no idea about it, how dangerous/not dangerous it is and what sort of management is possible or sensible. I don't think the crags will be closed forever.

If you don't mind driving a bit north, there's some good climbing about 50-60 kms west of Campbell River at Crest Creek Crags. (kinda near where you will be) Over 200 routes on about a dozen different rock faces (mostly moderate stuff and single pitch). Strathcona Outfitters in Campbell River has booklets for about $12 Canadian with route maps and ratings. It's a pretty cool place if you have the time to drive there. Was just there this past weekend.

HORN LAKE IS CLOSED!!!!!!!If I hear about any loser venturing there I will personally track the bastard down and hang him by his nads with an old rusty wire. Get it!!!??? There is a pretty serious negotiations going regarding a land exchange. One of the points is, that the current land owners and BC Parks do not want to deal with the liability issues before the papers are signed. But .... if people will not respect the closure the whole deal might go down the tubes. SO STAY OUT!!! the crag will reopen, most likely the next season. Just take a chilling pill and wait till everything is kosher.

So sexchocl. do not go there. You will endanger the whole negtiation process. And if this happens I WILL BE VERY ANGRY (and few others too). It's the greates climbing on west coast, but don't fuck it up for everyone else. As i said- I would be VERY ANGRY and you don't want to deal with me when I am angry. [Mad][Mad][Mad][Mad][Mad]

Hey flash, good joke. I hope it is. because if not you might change your name to FLUSH, when I shove your head down the toilet (after I take a shit)and pull the handle. [Moon][Moon][MR T]

[ 09-04-2002, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: climbmachine ]

quote:

Originally posted by climbmachine:

So sexchocl. do not go there. You will endanger the whole negtiation process. And if this happens I WILL BE VERY ANGRY (and few others too). It's the greates climbing on west coast, but don't fuck it up for everyone else. As i said- I would be VERY ANGRY and you don't want to deal with me when I am angry.
[Mad][Mad][Mad][Mad][Mad]

Hey flash, good joke. I hope it is. because if not you might change your name to FLUSH, when I shove your head down the toilet (after I take a shit)and pull the handle.
[Moon][Moon][MR T]

Oh, no, tough guy, it's deadly serious. You know how the Access Fund loves sponsoring climbing trips to closed crags. Perhaps you need to spend a little time pulling the ol' handle yourself, eh? Let loose a little aggression?

Talk to Trask for handy hints, but if he mentions KFC, run.

ok, ok enough of shits and grins. But seriously, I talked to Geoff and couple of other guys, who are involved with the whole process. Just give it till the next spring. If it's not resolved by then I will be the first one to say: fuck it, let's climb there. Aparetly, it's only a matter of a few months before the place will re-open. But if you go now you are risking fucking it all up for everyone (incliding yourself). Pretty selfish I would say.

By the way. there are only two 5.10 routes there (and they are so-so). The rest is 11c and up. So really this is not a place for 90% of the crowd (yes, I am elitist prick, but I can back it up - so fuck you very much) [rockband]

[ 09-04-2002, 03:09 PM: Message edited by: climbmachine ]

well tell it to the land owners. right now it's a private property, so if you go there you are tresspassing. That's #1. And selfish bastards like yourself felch, caused places like Cave Rock in Tahoe and countless other areas to shut down forever for the rest of us. So be another fuckhead and fuck another place for everyone else.

Remember- Horn Lake is on PRIVATE land and the land owners can do whatever the fuck they want with the usage rights. I hope you get cought and fined next time you don't respect the closure of the private property.

well tell it to the land owners. right now it's a private property, so if you go there you are tresspassing. That's #1. And selfish bastards like yourself felch, caused places like Cave Rock in Tahoe and countless other areas to shut down forever for the rest of us. So be another fuckhead and fuck another place for everyone else.

Remember- Horn Lake is on PRIVATE land and the land owners can do whatever the fuck they want with the usage rights. I hope you get cought and fined next time you don't respect the closure of the private property.

"Sorry, tool shed, but there's really no way to back up being an elitist prick".

Yea, for your slow thinking, baked on dope hyppie brain, it means I climb harder then you. Is this so hard to figure out? [laf][laf][Moon][Moon]

quote:

Originally posted by tsk tsk tsk:

something I've been meaning to ask Bob, and now that I know he's around, I'll ask it here.

Bob, how come you weren't invited along on the first All-Polish ascent of Coup-Jack?

cause Slawinski Jr and Sr know hes a a sketchball...

ahhh! conspiracy theory.... you also belive in black helicopters and UN taking over good ol' USA? Take one prozak at the time moron. my email is not climbmachine2002. What a bunch of cry- baby losers

A Brief History of Bobs

There once was an ogre by the name of Igor. Igor was pushing a boulder up a hill one day when he lost his footing. The boulder crushed him and rolled down the hill. Of course, it takes more than one boulder to kill an ogre, but Igor was knocked unconscious for several days.

During his unconciousness, Igor dreamed about a man named Bob. This man became Igor's best friend. Unfortunately, the friendship didn't last because Igor woke up from his coma and Bob disappeared.

Igor asked the local wizard, Sam, if he would ever see Bob again. Sam was a smart wizard, and knew just about everything. "While you were unconcious, you seem to have been concious in another universe. This is where Bob is. The only way for you to see Bob again is to be crushed by that same boulder at the same place in the exact same way."

"you good wizard. make me know." said Igor. So Igor, who was still hurting from being crushed by the boulder, went to the hill and pushed the boulder up again. He got crushed at the same place in the same way, but unfortunately, the boulder killed him this time.

"oh yeah," thought Sam after he found out that Igor was dead, "I forgot to tell him to let his injuries heal before trying that again! Ha ha ha ha ha ha hah ah ah." (Sam was an evil wizard)

Sam found the stories that Igor had told him about Bob to be very intriguing. He developed a magic stone out of the boulder to view Bob's world from his world without having to be crushed by a boulder. This only allowed him to view Bob's world, it didn't allow him to travel to Bob's world as Igor had done. Sam wrote stories about what he saw and sold them for a lot of money. Igor's son, Igor Jr., found out what had happened. He was deeply saddened and angered. Igor Jr. smashed Sam's skull (ogres are good at this) and took the magic stone.

"Dad like me to write Bobs and keep Bob memories alive to other ogres" said Igor Jr. So Igor Jr. wrote many stories about what he saw in the stone.

The stone was passed down through the years and eventually I received it. "Why should the knowledge of Bob be restricted to ogres?" I asked myself. "I am a smart ogre (actually my blood is about 75% human and 25% ogre) I will distribute Bobs to everyone" I am doing this because my ancestor, Igor, would have wanted it this way. Maybe someday we'll figure out how to make direct contact with Bob. Maybe not. His world is almost exactly like ours, but time is different there. The people are the same. In fact, many people over there are also here. Most of these people are proffessional baseball players. Nobody knows how to explain this strange phenomenon. All we know is that Bob lives in a parallel universe to our own and his world is like a mirror image of our own, only with some differences. There is no Bob in this world. There is a Hipolito in both worlds. Nobody knows why. All I know is that I don't know nothin'.