• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by Cpt.Caveman:

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

how about a winter ascent of ne buttress of slesse pms/lewis style? that would be cooler than any of those other routes.

It probably would not form up enough
[Razz]
[big Grin][Roll Eyes]

the thought of dry tooling and slamming pitons into a classic "clean pro" summer route is irresistable though.

quote:

Originally posted by Necronomicon:

As I was driving around this summer, I was thinking of Eastern Bloc alpine climbing competitions and how, from my knowledge, there is no Pacific Northwest equivalent. . . .

Do you have to have crappy gear, bad teeth, and a vodka-damaged liver like the "Bloc" climbers, too?

The objectives stand. Eve Dearborn is too inconsistent.

I can still Judge AND compete, because I want the beer and a T-Shirt as well, and I would rather pony up the funds for myself than for some other slobs.

Those who challenge my integrity should not compete, that simple.

The selection of Corona and limes was based on the fact that I would rather drink 24 Coronas with lime than a case of something else.

-J

[ 08-28-2002, 12:15 PM: Message edited by: Necronomicon ]

quote:

Originally posted by iain:

speaking of twight-fests on Colonial, how was the show on Monday? I was at smith so missed out!

Pretty cool. He works hard on his slide shows and music. There was 30 minutes of his earlier stuff on Hunter, Chamonix in early-mid 90's. Then he read his story about climbing the W. Butt w/ the other Mark (story in climbing). Then 14 minutes of the Czech Direct, just music and pictures, no narration. 60 hrs on the go. Quite amazing. Good for people to see the possibilites. The venue (Madison Auditorium) was a bit small, with standing room only and not enough tickets to go around. Granted, it was a show about him and his accomplishments, but still very entertaining and inspirational.

quote:

Originally posted by sk:

besides the fact that you could just go to the store and purchase a case of corona and some limes with out the sufferfest
[Wink]
I think this whole thing sounds a bit suspicious
[Razz]

1) Pain is Strength.

2) Pain is Fear.

3) Climb these three routes and you'll know what I'm talking about and agree.

4) Climb these three routes before I do, and you get free beer.

5) If I climb these three routes before you, you don't get anything.

6) If I climb these three routes before you, I don't have to buy you beer, or give you a T-Shirt, or acknowledge that you exist.

My motivations, quite simply, is to motivate myself, as well as to motivate the PNW climbing community, which, in my oppinion, lacks a serious "hardman/hardwoman" mentality, like they possess in Eastern Europe, for example. Steve House hit the nail on the head when he said that "Americans don't like being uncomfortable." So, for some serious discomfort, you could get a little beer (or get killed) and we're all better for it.

Now, I have a ton of work to do (unlike Dru [Wink] ) so I must bid you all good day.

-J