Free Advice

Lambone

Shit Jon, $1.25? I don't drink soda, but that's highway robbery dude. So let me give you some Free Advice:

You should start a little side business slingin' cokes out of your office. Throw a dorm fridge under your desk and make a trip to Sam's Club. You could probably rake in $14, $15 a week in pure profits! Once you build up a little capital, you could expand into snacks and eventually 1/8oz sacks of chronic...which would then cause an explosion in your snacks and cokes sales. If you need a business consultant, just let me know. I work cheap, $147/hr. After all, small businesses are the backbone of this growing and flourishing economy!

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You could probably rake in $14, $15 a week in pure profits! Once you build up a little capital, you could expand into snacks and eventually 1/8oz sacks of chronic...which would then cause an explosion in your snacks and cokes sales.

Coke is a "gateway drug", I'm calling Nancy Reagan. blush.gif

Lambone, as the person who sent you that original PM, all I can say is that I am really surprised and disappointed.

whatever "bro," you made your feelings towards me pretty clear several months ago. you know damn well I aint somebody that take yer advice kindly...pardner

and why are you suprised? I told you straight up how I felt about your advice.

You suprised I posted it here. I guess you shouldn't have been.

MYSTERY MODERATOR:

You seem really bitter about climbing in general these days, it shows pretty often in your posts. I dont know you personally and I know you didnt ask my advice, but you should take a complete time out and just sail for a year or do something else. Learn to surf, go fishing. Get away from climbing.

Whoever gave that advice should get away from "moderating" and get a job writing patter for "Dr. Phil." ...."cuddle up in your book nook and read a Victorian novel....take a long walk on the beach....look for rainbows...just go away, gurl!"

SOMEONE ELSE:

but speaking objectively... from the tone of that paragraph, it sounds like that mod meant well. if I were you i'd try to appreciate the random, unsolicited, friendly advice of a stranger.

Speaking objectively? [i.e. "in my opinion rolleyes.gif]

And we all know how we should appreciate and value the unsolicited advice of strangers!

I never thought I'd find myself sticking up for The 'bone; we've sparred in the past, but I think he's got some fine points. Although I don't think reposting personal messages is particularly good form, he made the choice to do so and it's indeed very revealing: some moderator suggesting that he bug out of climbing and do something else for a while because they don't like the TONE of his posts on an interent site. This is bona-fide horsesheit.. Give me a break! He's probably one of the more accomplished of the younger climbers on this site and he's contributed a lot of fine stuff. And then watch the dog and pony show as various "toughies" jump out with the clubs to give him a pounding.

What's with some of these "moderators" anyway? I have recently experienced it myself when I brought up the quickdraws at Alpental and at least three moderators decided to make it a personal issue about me and heaped on the abuse. One is a vulgar first-class taunter and another indeed fancies himself as some sort of mind-reader who insinuates you are a liar if you disagree with his feelings. "But you deserve it and you have a long history of being an A-pipe.....blah, blah, blah, blah....etc."

They got there little meetings where they apparently decide who to banish. There's a good chance we're both on the agenda for the next one. Maybe "Lambone" will soon be a distant memory ala "Dwayner"; "avatars" found unappealing by the moderators and banished to the trash-heap.

Don't let them get you down, 'bone: consider the sources.

P.S. I do hold moderators to a higher standard on this board, in AND out of their subject domains. If there job is to "moderate", some of these folks are rather immoderate themselves.

What's with some of these "moderators" anyway? I have recently experienced it myself when I brought up the quickdraws at Alpental and at least three moderators decided to make it a personal issue about me and heaped on the abuse.

No, Merv, that's because you are a loud-mouth fucking dick who doesn't climb anymore and still has to feel that he's in touch with the climbing community. It's not the content of your message, it's how you communicate it. Besides, can you actually hump your fat ass up to Rap Wall?

No, Merv, that's because you are a loud-mouth fucking dick who doesn't climb anymore and still has to feel that he's in touch with the climbing community. It's not the content of your message, it's how you communicate it. Besides, can you actually hump your fat ass up to Rap Wall?

That's quite a statement from a stranger! Look at how you communicate, sparky...it ain't nice. Perhaps you can join Alpine K as another foul-mouthed amateur expert on my life and activities. Actually I climb quite a bit but you're not in my loop.

Have a nice day.

P.S...if you represent "the climbing community", I'll stick to my own clique. wave.gif

Still yelrotflmao.gif

BTW Lambone, I don't know what "crew" you're referring to since I don't know RUMR or RBW personally. But whatever...I suppose from where you sit anyone in opposition to your POV is part of some mod crew. It is a conspiracy against you you know. We actually spend all our time discussing you and other problem posters because we have NOTHING better to do with our lives. rolleyes.gif

Fact is you were being your typical omniscient self and I made an observation. Yes it was a troll, and zing... you were caught hook line and sinker. I got a few laughs out of it and the discussion moved on to other issues and insults. You just can't seem to let it go 'lil bulldog. cry.gif Maybe you should just go climbing and work out your issues.

Without knowing the history of this little "Lord of the Flies" episode, I can't claim perfect objectivity, but with the present observations up for view, it gives me enough info to smile a little at the collective manipulations being directed at Lambone:

"I'm disappointed"

"You're too sensitive"

"That's so low"

etc etc....

I personally find that everyone criticizing Lambone seems bitchier and more base than anything I'm seeing from Lambone himself....

I could also post some of the other PM's I have gotten from other moderators in the past day....choughKURTcough...

not as subtle as Alex's "why don't you just quit climbing" message, but the type of verbal abuse you'd come to expect from those involved.

Bottom line:

I think alot of the cc.com moderators suck...not all (some are my climbing partners), but most. In their own minds they are "holier then thou." You need a snorkle and fins to wade through that shit in their private forum.

Which is exactly why I quit.