The toughest

allthumbs

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ya well I am Canadian and have never really climbed in wash so here are some ideas i got from reading the guidebook

1) The Diamond - Bear Mountain

2) Burdo grade VI free route on Baring

3) North Norwegian Buttress - Index

4) Thermogenesis - rainier

5) Haystack - Mt Si

6) free ascent of Liberty Crack

But why complain about spray on a serious thread if you are trask?

quote:

Originally posted by jkrueger:

After 2,433 posts of spray you expect us to take your question seriously?
[laf]

I can only think that you're looking for something scary enough to require the use of that helmet of yours...

Do a search; I know for a fact that there is ONE serious post in that bunch of spray. [smile]

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

Plumbers Crack between the two lower buttresses on the south side of Mt Trask. I've heard it has had many ascents, though, despite the horrible bushwack.

I've heard that the chimney on Mt. Trask is pretty loose and windy [big Grin][laf]

The Strand on Hamilton Mountain is an elusive WI 6 that seldom comes into condition. It has a history that goes back to 1981 when Robert McGown and Mark Simpson made the first partial ascent. To date it has not seen a complete ascent.

Unfortunately, there is ice on this thing once every four or five years. It is unlikely that it will be climbed by anyone but a person who watches it closely over the course of a cold winter and gets it when it on one of the very few days that it is in.

Jason

that's right. Check out what this dude has to say about electricity. (copied from another bbs.)

"electricity. I have the M.H Solitude tent. Pretty small. I guess conditions were very dry. There was so much static electricity that when I would move around at night I would see sparks, or if my fingernails scratched the bad or side of the tent, more sparks, very large ones. anyone ever had that. Really very strange, not only sparks but also a loud sound of dis charge. It was so bad you could almost start a fire. In 15 years or so of backpacking I've never had that happen. Spark trails from all fingers if I rubbed the bag or tent. No drink or drugs at all. "

I once conected an arc from one mit to the next. It was a very scary night. We cowered in a snow trough for hours trying to recal the steps for CPR. We were both sure it was the end. Tonys gaitors were incinerated when he through them because sparkes were flying off the buckles...we never found them in the morning. Every rouck around had a foot tall electric probe coming off of it. [Eek!] We made sure not to sit on the rocks! [big Grin]

quote:

Originally posted by Jason Martin:

The Strand on Hamilton Mountain is an elusive WI 6 that seldom comes into condition. It has a history that goes back to 1981 when Robert McGown and Mark Simpson made the first partial ascent. To date it has not seen a complete ascent.

Unfortunately, there is ice on this thing once every four or five years. It is unlikely that it will be climbed by anyone but a person who watches it closely over the course of a cold winter and gets it when it on one of the very few days that it is in.

Jason

so bolt it and make it a great mixed climb [big Grin]

• 3 years later...

Jason

4427mtn_east_of_Beacon.JPG

this it?