Official 4th Annual Rope Up

AlpineK

Are dogs allowed at Bridge Creek? If I remember correctly, the whole area is NOT dog friendly....true or false??

Thanks guys

Marie

Don't know if they are allowed or not but Cpt. Caveman did bring his puppy a couple of years ago with no issues, at least no issues about the dog, but we did have some issues with his puppy tossing.

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey MattP and AlpineK,

Is that beginner climber thingy still going to happen? I renew my offer to supervise proper figure-8 tying, belay techniques, and set up topropes, etc at someplace like Bruce's boulder or Barney's rubble for a few hours. Let me know if my services are needed.

Folks have been a little slow to respond on several organizational matters, bt I'm pretty sure we'll have some folks that would love that, Pax. I'm not quite sure, but I think Eddie might help as well and I think what we'll say, if it sounds good to you, is that something like 9:30 on Saturday (you name the time) anyboy interested ought to show up at the campground or look for the gapers at Barney's Rubble or wherever after that. I don't know the "practice" crags over there. What is the good spot? Would you want email inquiries in advance?

OK. It's official.

The Alpinfox will be at Bruce's Boulder at 10am on Sunday .

I will make sure that people tie their figure 8 knots properly, I'll set up topropes (I'll bring a couple of ropes, but please bring your own if you have one), and I will do some belay-technique coaching. I'm willing to do this for a few hours. Feel free to stop by if you are a beginner or you have a beginner in your group. Kids are welcome too, but I'm not a babysitter wink.gif. If you want to climb, all you need to bring is a harness, a pair of rock shoes, a locking carabiner, and a belay device. I will probably be able to provide one or two extra harnesses and belay devices, but please bring your own if you have them.

Bruce's Boulder is on the south (left) side of the road 5.6mi from the junction of Hwy2 and Icicle Creek Road (the 76 gas station). This is 1.3mi past the snow creek wall trailhead parking lot. Bruce's Boulder is the one with those "staple-like" anchors on top. The climbs face away from the road, so you won't see us while driving by.

The climbs there rate 5.0, 5.2, 5.4, 5.6, 5.7, 5.9, 5.10d, and 5.11a.

See you there!

wave.gif

p.s. There may be someone doing a similar event on Saturday, but that has not been confirmed.

Hey Pax, I might join you over at Bruce's Boulder on Sunday. I think I will have a couple of newbies that will be coming up on Sunday. Sounds like that might be a good spot for rock 101 for them. I got to talk to them and find out if they are still interested in coming up.

Ok Saturday I am doing a mountain bike ride, if anyone wants to join in, bring your ride. Right now I am thinking Devil's Gulch trail. Does anyone know where there are some good trails in L-town? I hear there is some good free riding there, help anyone.

So Alpine K what is the the cerveca situation? Is there going to be TG goodness or other type of beer. Do we need to start a slush fund at tnights PC?

Edited by ken4ord

Alright I am thinking food for Sunday morning. Hell the Oregonian contingent has already talked breakfast for Tuft Love Fest but there has been no talk of food for the Rope-up. Here's what I suggest.

Breakfast Burros! Are you all up for it. I have a two burner stove and I bring plenty of eggs for everybody and I don't mind cooking. Other items needed to pull this off will be:

Meat (sausages or bacon)

Salsa (2 large containers)

Flour Tortillas (4 packages)

Cheese (4 lbs)

Another Two Burner Stove

Do I hear other volunteers for the other items?

We could use some help transporting a large awning to RopeUp. I believe the "bundle" is roughly 4 or 5 feet long, so a pickup or stationwagon is probably needed, and it would be most helpful if the same person could transport it to both RopeUp and SmithFest.

Alright I got a volunteer for the cheese. All that is needed is:

bacon

another container of salsa

more tortillas

Any takers?

Matt if you can't find anyone to haul the canopy thingy I can, though I won't be getting to 11worth until Friday evening. Also I would have to strap it on to my roof. I am planning on attending the Smiffy thingy too.