Pub Club goes CLIMBING????

icegirl

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

uh, this is NOT a newbies only oriented climb. This is a PUB CLUB GOES CLIMBING. It is all about convenience for after work. It is for all abilities.

FWIW, when the girls that have been going out on wednesdays want to "step it up" as you put it, they know who to ask...

Index sucks, the drive is too far, the rock's too steep, dirty, mossy, manky, licheny and chossy. The trains are too loud, no restaruants around, the only bolted routes are hard and run out and everything is sandbagged and needs scrubbing/cleaning except GNS and Godzilla. Better go to exit 38.

all you granite belong to us

jealous...

tho i will be nearing the sierras that day... grin.gif

but index would be great, time for the newbies to step it up. you never better without trying. between skuzzy and gregw, they got enough routes wired to setup plenty of top ropes.

dont forget boobbyP

edit: and i might still be on the injured reserve list next week.... cry.gifhahaha.gif

Edited by Szyjakowski

rudy, where's it at you ask... well, its INDEX.

chalk up another vote...

if you leave before 3pm traffic is very smooth. if you leave at 5, expect to get there around 630-7pm...

it only takes about a hour to get pumped or if you want to chill and have fun, there is much to do; even bouldering!

it does???

get a guidebook Rudy, see World Wall I at Exit 32

and the Mt. washington area at E. 38.

This is one of the best fucking posts I've seen in awhile. yellaf.gifyellaf.gif

Hey, Rudy, I wanna try that 5.11 thingy you put my fat ass on last year. wave.gif

icegirl i think you are a bit selfabsorbed about your newbie brood. i could careless who the newbies are my comment is/was directed more so at schultz and that scottish dude's concerns for not many easy climbs. you must not forget that there are more newbies then the few you have taken under your wing. ben and greg seem to spend a fair amount of time at index, they both are compentent climbers so thus i figured they could lead the way and help people out by setting top ropes on some of the routes that ALL NEWBIE CLIMBERS could attempt to step it up and try something beyond their perceived abilites. dont take this as an insult, but i could really careless about any group or individual newbie and was making a general statement. you have not seen me post in your newbie threads other to put a little slam on skuzzy.

if you would like to rephriase my statement i will.

"MAYBE RUDY, WILL, BEN, GREGW, BOBBYPERU AND OR MATTP CAN LEAD SOME OF THE HARDER MODERATE CLIMBS AND SET TOP ROPES UP FOR THE ENTIRE GROUP, WHETER THEY BE NEWBIES, NEOPHYTES, PEOPLE RETURNING TO THE SPORT AFTER A LONG HIATUS OR EVEN SEASONED VETERNS WHO WOULD RATHER SWILL A FEW BEERS AND THEN GET A NICE PUMP JUST TR'ING SOME CLASSIC INDEX GRANITE.

hope that helps to clear up any confusion on your and any other persons part.

have a nice day.

jealous...

tho i will be nearing the sierras that day... grin.gif

but index would be great, time for the newbies to step it up. you never better without trying. between skuzzy and gregw, they got enough routes wired to setup plenty of top ropes.

dont forget boobbyP

edit: and i might still be on the injured reserve list next week.... cry.gifhahaha.gif

Hey Swhateveryourlastnameis what do you mean you are on the injured list, wtf did you do? I hope to be completely off the list by then and can rope gun a few routes over at Index. It is a great place to climb, we could have a fire down at the campsite next to the river afterwards.

Edited by ken4ord

All you new climbers listen up.

Index does have hard climbing, but it also has an area close to the parking lot where there are a number of moderate climbs. In fact you could spend up to a couple days doing the moderate climbs at index.

I wouldn't recommend going to Index for more then a couple days if you don't climb fairly well, but for a few hours you can have tons of fun.

bigdrink.gif

The only drawback; which IG was implying is this will be at the end of August when the days are not as long.

Traffic does suck in the woodinville-monroe corridor...it sucks bad and that will most definitely lessen the amount of time on the rock. Perhaps a few sparymonkeys would be willing to go early to "setup" a few TR's so more time is spent climbing by the bulk of the after work climbers. I would volunteer but leaving work early is hard to do when I am babysitting construction workers. Possibly I can prearrange if people commit to the granite.