Lame thread-locking motherf'ers...

Greg_W

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Almost as worn out as calling someone a fag...

And I did find the GP booty biner owner... Ade was kind enough to give me the story about his attempt.

Its funny: Jens and Colin go back the next weekend and do the same "cheater" way I did by dropping over the N ridge and no one bats an eye or calls them pussy. Hmmm...

Jealousy can be such a bitch sometimes, huh?

Will: what is your latest redpoint project? I hear Coe icefall is in...

I don't think you really wanna get into comparing redpoint projects...it'll make you feel bad...and jealousy? Come on, look at your post...you look like a fuckin' tool little one...

ahhhh you are such a stud in that schwingin' vest, aren't you?

So...does yer girlie get all hot and bothered when you brag about her on the net? the_finger.gif

to me that smacks of locker room braggin'... hahaha.gif

Edited by RuMR

Its funny: Jens and Colin go back the next weekend and do the same "cheater" way I did by dropping over the N ridge and no one bats an eye or calls them pussy. Hmmm...

That is funny. I didn't see their chestbeating TR. In fact I didn't even see a TR. Perhaps they realized doing that climb in such a manner isn't anything to talk about. Just a fun day trip in the Enchantments.

They posted it in mine.

Jens following the TR sent me this:

Subject: Thanks again

We had fun. It was great having the beta you posted. It definitely made our packs lighter. Thankyou for posting a TR. I'll do the route again in a few years but not for a while.

_____

We day tripped it. We were thinking of bailing and doing the west ridge cause' the weather was a little sketchy (it was snowing on us when we topped out and we didn't get to see the pillar until we were close). We went over the north ridge- I'll give you credit-great creativity by the way.

We saw your rap sling. About 30 feet to the left of you sling we found and easy ramp down to the glacier with only a small moat. It looks like the glacier approach is just about blocked without bringing in lots of ice gear. We free soloed to the base of the pillar and then climbed the pillar in 3 pitches. I onsighted the 1st pitch (wet face and crack climbing about 10 feet left of the dihedral to a semi haning belay (5.10+ish). Colin took 1 hang on the short second pitch and then I went to lead the 3rd pitch but was to tired so Colin kicked it into overdrive and led it with one hang. We wouldn't have probably had to take the hangs but we were to wasted from the approach and just wanted to top out fast in the deteorating weather. And from the second doing moves with two packs on (no juamaring). next time I think we'll have the second jumar or pack haul.

You guy's beta really helped us. Thanks again so much and kudos for your nice climb.

happy trails