jon

Date for RopeUp  

105 members have voted

1. 1. Date for RopeUp

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those dates suck. frown.gif Its too close to Smithfest! I can't do both. Maybe that's why so few people voted. Oh well.....hope you all have fun laugh.gifwave.gif

To early and it too soon to plan. And to hot. Too late and it's too cold and wet. The window of opportunity is small. Be thankful that you are able to attend one.

Oh...I'm sure I'll find a way to attend both. Who am I thanking? The climbing Gods, the Beer Gods, or the sex in the bushes Gods? Do you need any help with either of these events? I've promised to bring a keg of my famous home brew to Smith...but I'd be happy to help in any way I can with 11worth as well.

I just like to complain wink.giffruit.gif

Another 1000 Ropeup Words:

502p1010348-med.jpg

It is a weekend in the fall when a big bunch of people who post on this stupid website gather in Leavenworth to talk shit in person and drink beer and even maybe go climbing.

There have been 3 of these events so far - each with a different flavah - a search through the archives will probably reveal some fun spray

"Traditionally" there has been a keg or two (or three?) provided. There have been pancake breakfasts and bratwursts and other things. Big campfire. Last year there was giveaways and a bunch of slide shows and a very long boring raffle - and also presentations by park rangers or something, I missed that part 'cause it happened WAY early like 10:30am or something and I was asleep yo. Previous years were not as bling but plab times too.

This years happenings are yet to be determined but it's not like anyone's handing out chores. What happens happens - casuallike.

In addition to being a party, Ropeup has gotten a lot of climbers together -- people who would not otherwise have climbed together. Some have made their first multipitch climbs, or tried "outside" climbing for the first time, or ....

Leavenworth last year:

420dryad.jpg

Smith last year:

420201.jpg

Leavenworth the year before:

420tony1.jpg