Rocky Butte Thursday

Ireneo_Funes

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Irene: Works for me. You won't see me if there's more than @ 8 -10 people though, too much like a Mountie/Mazama begineers class size.

Where would you like to meet?

Ever TR Phylnx @5.11A)? (3/4 people max if you hang from the Eastern ledge anchors.)

Hey Bill --

Actually I was thinking Breakfast Cracks again - White Rabbit or Bird of Paradise are what I'm in the mood for. I didn't get enough flail time on BOP last time we climbed there!

I'd like to try Phylynx sometime but I'm out of shape and it might be too burly for me this week.

I'll be up there on the road between 6:15-6:30; look for my yellow bike. Or if you want to meet at a particular route let me know.

Dan

You might have gotten a better turn out, but Shred's b-day party was Thursday night, so beer swilling bigdrink.gif trumped climbing for a number of us.

A few on us were talking at the party about re-energizing what we had going last year. Bump this thread on Monday and the gang will turn out.

yo whaddap pdx beyotches?! shred, hope you had a good bday event. stopping back in seattle for a couple of days before leaving back for bc early next week. done with first week in n cascades, breakdown time in revelstoke, week in the bugs, crag time at lake louie. who wants to climb?! bigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif

Bill, for you to climb you ass off you must have done some hard core long climbs, cause there's a lot of ass there to work on. yellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gif

Nothing really hard core Pete, it was just Irene and me, and I only got part of the ass climbed off if the truth was really told. What I think is happening, is that I can climb my ass off on a Tuesday, however, 2 pints of Haagen-Daz, 3 big macs, 5 chocolate chip cookies and 2 bottles of wine later it's back in full force, and larger as well.

This might take a bit to figure out. I gotta do is whatever you are doing to maintain that youthful figure, whatever that is. Perhaps going and hurling after a great meal is what I think could be happening there.

grin.gifgrin.gifgrin.gif

Rob, bring your gear to work and I'll be there on the 10th for sure to climb with you and Pete as well as get a belay from any broken toe people as well.

Side note Jeff: there are few things as good as a broken toe climber who still gives good belay. When I broke my foot and was hiking out last year, I was invited to belay some of my friends as I passed: which I did. They were very impressed and happy.

Course then the foot swole up something terrible.

Elevate and ice. Elevate and ice. Elevate and ice. Repeat as necessary.

Hope you hobble over for a cold one, hopefully it's not enough to keep you off the bike for long in this short window of fantastic weather.

Hanger and T leave for Peru Thursday. Maybe they will join in for 1 last quick Oregon pump before the Inca trail blows up the thighs and shrinks their arms.

Hopefully we don't get to large of a herd though.

I'm invited?

Right?

33 taps..............mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

The Rose and Raindrop Restaurant and Pub

532 S.E. Grand, Portland, Oregon

Tel: (503) 238-6996

Hours:

Mon -Fri, 11AM - 2:30AM;

Sat - Sun, 10AM - 2:30AM;

kitchen closes at 11PM.

8 might be a tad early for me, quaff a few and I'll be by a bit later. I can visit with anyone who hasn't fallen off a chair by the time I arrive. Haven't heard Jeff's broken toe story yet, but would love to hear an elaborate SLURRED version if you can hold that story in till I get there.....

yelrotflmao.gifbigdrink.gif

I told my broken foot story so many times I want to be drunk before I tell it so it seems fresh to me.

Aye, we'll certainly giv 'er a go then

I've a few stories I like to tell when the wee voice inside my head gets "worked up" as well

Nothing like a 4.10f downclimb off a barstool to end the night, eh

Hey, Ivan...bring your best Irish folk songs with ya!

Bill, my advise on how to keep the lbs from sticking do not come cheap. An introductory consultation will cost ya a couple of pints at the next PC. I'm eating a quart of cookie dough ice cream as I write, so there is room for indulgence in the program. And ya don't have to blow chunks all night long either.

It's good to have a "free" day....it's the free weeks that tend to put the lbs on.

Oh yeah...and TURNING 50!!!!

Don't be so hard on yourself there Bill (I just said hard on...hahahahah)

Sorry, it's early

Oh sh*t...I'm supposed to be picking you up here in a few...better get off the computer and head on over

See ya in a bit Reverend Brutha Bill