meanwhile, in a gun-toting utopia...

ashw_justin

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For the fashion conscience warriors among you.

That is indeed one of the older Suunto Vectors still ticking after 6 years of continuous use.

The pants are Royal Robbins Tactical 5.11 series (EXCELLENT PANTS!)

The shirt is TNF UV protectant long sleeve. (Ex Officio is better)

Shoes, Adidas trail runners with Smartwool hiking socks.

ARMS SIRR M4 with 10.5 inch barrel and pop up front and rear sites from Armalite. Aimpoint red dot scope for low light or reflexive shooting. CQD sling and forward machine pistol style grip on rails.

Motorola programmable radio with earpiece.

Smith Razorbacks complete the ensemble.

For the fashion conscience warriors among you.

That is indeed one of the older Suunto Vectors still ticking after 6 years of continuous use.

The pants are Royal Robbins Tactical 5.11 series (EXCELLENT PANTS!)

The shirt is TNF UV protectant long sleeve. (Ex Officio is better)

Shoes, Adidas trail runners with Smartwool hiking socks.

ARMS SIRR M4 with 10.5 inch barrel and pop up front and rear sites from Armalite. Aimpoint red dot scope for low light or reflexive shooting. CQD sling and forward machine pistol style grip on rails.

Motorola programmable radio with earpiece.

Smith Razorbacks complete the ensemble.

you are so metro. wazzup.gif

Holy crap! I actually called the royal robbins correctly wink.gif

They are indeed very comfortable...I can't imagine wearing much besides that type of clothing in a desert environment.

My friends vector (of that exact same model) finally died this past month. He had REI replace it for a brand new one. hahaha.gif

So on a serious note (well, as serious as a thread like this could get), how well do the UV protective shirts work? And are they comfortable when very sweaty? I'm sick of the really thin long underwear shirt for the summer since you get burned through the thing anyway, and it's hot. I'm wondering if something more airy like that would be the way to go.

What is the CPA building? Wouldn't that mural be seen as a bit...imperialistic? or was it actually put up by the Iraqis?

1 - Coalition Provisional Authority.

2 & 3 - I don't care and I doubt the Iraqis do either.

I bet the large number of Iraqis who do not want us there care. If we are trying to project the image of helping, and not taking over, that doesn't help a whole lot.

If it's inside a coallition headquarters, that is a different matter. Remmeber when the statue of saddam was being toppled and some moron put an American flag on his head? That wasn't exactly a public relations win.

My weapon of choice for home protection is a 12"-long piece of rubber-coated electical cable that I found in the Skagit River while fishing near Damnation Creek. It's about 1-1/2" thick and heavy. Fit's nicely in my hand. If somebody comes in my house threatening my family, I'm going to whomp them upside they pointy haid. --But if my 3 year old or six year old sons get a hold of it, they won't shoot one another accidently.

My weapon of choice for home protection is a 12"-long piece of rubber-coated electical cable that I found in the Skagit River while fishing near Damnation Creek. It's about 1-1/2" thick and heavy. Fits nicely in my hand. If somebody comes in my house threatening my family, I'm going to whomp them upside they pointy haid. --But if my 3 year old or six year old sons get a hold of it, they won't shoot one another accidently.