Conservatives and Banning

scott_harpell

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I turn that thing on, it deactivates all the cc.com animated gremlins. I can't have that!

bigdrink.giffruit.gifrockband.gifcry.gifboxing_smiley.gifsmileysex5.gifyellaf.gifcantfocus.gifcheeburga_ron.gifyelrotflmao.gifHCL.gifwave.gifmoon.gifhahaha.gifrolleyes.gif

EDIT: Oh wait, I just tried the Google popup blocker and I can still see movement!! Hurrah! I must have been thinking of zone-alarm. Can't even see the icons when that thing is on.

Thanks Cracky wave.gif

Edited by chucK

Well, my several day experiment with Opera has ended with the removal and purging of it from my computer. Too much junk on the screen. I just want my simple browser back. I give them credit...much faster (and correct) layout than most of the alternative browsers, but I'm still not too impressed. I think it's still at the level of "well, it's not microsoft" but not actually better in any way.

My 2 cents.

Too much junk on the screen. I just want my simple browser back. I give them credit...much faster (and correct) layout than most of the alternative browsers, but I'm still not too impressed. I think it's still at the level of "well, it's not microsoft" but not actually better in any way.

My 2 cents.

It's better in so many ways... as is Firefox. laugh.gif

It's all in how you set it up, I wouldn't call this too much junk:

351229-Clipboard01.jpg

351229-Clipboard01.jpg.c0d02d611ac108dab9a5e601843fc005.jpg

Check out my link 8 posts up.

Tabbed browsing is way better for me.

I also like to be able to resume where I left off...

I can save a set of windows as a session and go back there any time I want.

I can have a folder full of bookmarks, and open them all at once with a few keystrokes. Great for getting all your weather links in one place.

Nicknames for Bookmarks rule. laugh.gif I type "cc" and the last 25 posts come up instantly. I type "sw" and I have the weather report...

No PopUps. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

Built in Google (and other) searches.

Download manager that allows you to resume downloads.

I like the Email client, many don't though.

"Notes" are a handy feature.

I like being able to modify menus so that things are where I want to see them. eg. I put a "Closed" window option into the right click on pagebar menu. Let's me reopen windows that I have closed...

"Spatial Navigation" is great when you are using a laptop with no mouse and you hate those little touchpad thingys.

Being able to remove page formatting with one click, or a keystroke is very useful for those awful websites that have (for example) yellow text on a black background.

If I was on dial-up the option to not load images (or load them selectively) would get used a lot.

"Zoom" zooms the whole page, not just the text.

Try dragging an image from a page onto the pagebar... Cool huh?

Middle click to open page in background... couldn't live without it any more.

Mouse gestures for back and forward...

That's a few of the things I like.