EWolfe

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Larvae and I will attend.

Somebody else bring kids.

Girls 8 and 6.

I'll see what I can do, there are a few parks around my house. hehehe. I'll be there Saturday night ready to rock out with my cock out! YOu know, hang out with my wang out!!! Yeeeehaawwww!!!!!

I'm planning to go (w/o kids or guns). It'll be my first time at Leavenworth, can any of you guys help me understand where the things are happening? The RockFest Web page mentions for example: "Meet at the Barney's rubble climbing area on Icicle Road (Mile 5.5 up Icicle Road from Icicle Junction)." I have no idea where that'd be.

Is camping free both Friday night and Saturday night? Might be easier to drive Friday pm than early Saturday.

drC

I'm planning to go (w/o kids or guns). It'll be my first time at Leavenworth, can any of you guys help me understand where the things are happening? The RockFest Web page mentions for example: "Meet at the Barney's rubble climbing area on Icicle Road (Mile 5.5 up Icicle Road from Icicle Junction)." I have no idea where that'd be.

Is camping free both Friday night and Saturday night? Might be easier to drive Friday pm than early Saturday.

drC

Take highway 2 over Stevens Pass.

Near Leavenworth, you will enter Tumwater canyon and see great rapids, great alpine rides and then Castle rock on your left. Keep your eyes on the road.

At the end of the canyon it just pops you out into Leavenworth and there is a right hand turn immediately and a gas station/one stop just across that. Turn right on that road (Icicle road?) and stay on it as it winds south and then west up into Icicle canyon. At the obvious mouth of the canyon, check your odometer and go up about 5 miles. It will be on your left. Or go straight into Leavenworth past the park on the right and get info from the climbing shop on the left. You will see the Kayaks out front.

Bridge creek is another 4 or 5 miles up Icicle from Barney's rubble.

"Meet at the Barney's rubble climbing area on Icicle Road (Mile 5.5 up Icicle Road from Icicle Junction)."

Just to be clear this means 5.5 miles from the right hand turn at the gas station (a 76) that bug mentioned. Barney's rubble is a small laid back granite outcropping just off the road (will be on your right) with a bunch of short cracks, directly across the road from it is another roadside formation called bruce's boulder (easily distinguished by giant steel tr anchors on the top).

It's looking like it might rain, that kind of sucks. Still planning on going tho. wink.gif

Reports I saw said, "a shower or two". That's spring in L-worth; the rock dries fairly quickly and easier routes can be climbed wet.

I'll bring a gun.

Cool. I got the new "concealed-carry" holster attachment for my Petzl harness. It's the ultimate in security. Now I can dispatch a nosy goat at the top of Outer Space, if the need arises. laugh.gif

Not if I don't trundle your ass off the wall first MF! boxing_smiley.gif

Bummer. I wanted to go to this, but:

Tonight. Numerous thunderstorms in the evening. Becoming widespread rain showers and numerous snow showers overnight. Snow accumulation up to 1 inch. Snow level 5500 feet. Lows in the lower 40s. West wind 15 to 20 mph and gusty.

Saturday. Rain showers and a chance of thunderstorms in the morning. Becoming rain and mountain snow showers likely and a chance of thunderstorms in the afternoon. Snow accumulation up to 1 inch. Snow level 5500 feet. Highs in the upper 50s to mid 60s. West wind 15 to 20 mph with higher gusts.

Saturday night. Rain and mountain snow showers likely and a chance of thunderstorms in the evening. Becoming rain and mountain snow showers likely overnight. Snow accumulation up to 1 inch. Snow level 4500 feet in the evening falling to 3000 feet overnight. Lows in the lower 40s. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.

Sunday. A 60 percent chance of rain and mountain snow showers. Snow level 5000 feet. Highs in the mid 50s to lower 60s.

cry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gifcry.gif

The forecast I listed above is from www.noaa.gov

This forecast also does not look good:

http://www.atmos.washington.edu/data/state_report.html

Another bad forecast:

http://www.wsdot.wa.gov/traffic/forecast/default.aspx?zone=WA026#Forecast

One more bad forecast:

http://www.wunderground.com/cgi-bin/findweather/getForecast?query=98826&hourly=1&yday=142&weekday=Saturday

A good forecast!!!:

http://www.intellicast.com/Local/USLocalStd.asp?loc=uswact14221&seg=LocalWeather&prodgrp=Forecasts&product=Forecast&prodnav=none&pid=none

So who you gonna believe?

cry.gif

I'm thinkin' I'll just stay in town and bigdrink.gif and fruit.gif and rockband.gif and maybe look for photos of really big housecats.

if you go to a climbing area you can always aid, hike around or look for booty if it rains

if you stay home your chances of getting any climbing in are 0%

I went. It rained. Got the 20' Slackline at the raffel. Really fun webbing thing you tie between trees and tight rope. NotforClimbing.com makes them. Slept in the tent with two kicking girls. Woke up to more rain. Left the girls in the van with a movie. Jogged up to Hubba Hubba to look for booty. Scored 1 BD screw, 1 Omega locker, webbing, and a rappel ring. Will leave all in appropriate places for others to find. Rain hit again real hard. Since I was in shorts & T-shirt, I got soaked. Got cussed out back at the van because the VCR didn't work. Girls can be so cruel. We started to split but found dry rock and sunshine at the mouth of the canyon. Set up a top rope and belayed Olivia for a couple climbs. Rain hit again. Bailed.

Girls want to go back next year. Hooked on raffels.

fruit.giffruit.gif