My friends not back from Dragontail

Cpt.Caveman

I have 2 friends that are nearly a day late returning from a climb on Dragontail. Should have been back last night late.

If you hear anything please send me an email @ rayborbon@hotmail.com

Hopefully they are ok. One of their girlfriends is trying to find out what is the deal.

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mattp,

I talked to one of them on the phone shortly after this post. I am not sure how you or others might define your words. I am not going to speculate out of respect for them. I know the route is pretty long... They are ok and that is great. Yes they were on Serpentine Arete.... They are tired and safe is all that really matters. I suppose they both learned some things. It sounded like they took it as positive as one could and that they will drive on and remember it for a while. [big Drink][big Drink][Cool]

Cavey -

I'm glad they made it OK. I'm not suggesting speculating and I don't mean to suggest any lack of respect for your friends. I simply meant to note the tendency for that particular route to prove to be significantly more serious than many parties expect. Although it carries a moderate rating and the descriptions indicate there are only a few "difficult" pitches, it is a big route.

The route was exactly as I expected it would be and we had good beta and studied the route. Little things added up and it took a little longer than expected. The route had lots of running water on some of the lower pitches that we planned on soloing but belayed instead. Snow was also on parts of the route, which we had to bypass. Fist time climbing a long alpine route with this partner, took a while to get in a grove. Some minor route finding difficulties with the last portion in the dark. Decending in the dark also added to the time also, it probably took twice a long as it would have had it been light. It was a fun climb, and enjoyable, except for the hike out.

quote:

Originally posted by texplorer:

I heard they were on a 30+ hour push! Hardcore man . . or should I say Horsecore. Mama when I grow up I wanna be a climber.

First thing I ate when we got back to our packs: Horsecock, baby!!! [chubit]

Greg

quote:

Originally posted by Greg W:

quote:

Originally posted by texplorer:

I heard they were on a 30+ hour push! Hardcore man . . or should I say Horsecore. Mama when I grow up I wanna be a climber.

First thing I ate when we got back to our packs: Horsecock, baby!!!
[chubit]

Greg

[laf]

quote:

Originally posted by Highlander:

Rancid Horsecock and sun melted cheese even tastes good when your starving.

My rancid horsecock actually tasted better than when fresh! Or maybe I was starving and didn't give a shit; yeah, that was it. [chubit][chubit]

quote:

Originally posted by Greg W:

quote:

Originally posted by Highlander:

Rancid Horsecock and sun melted cheese even tastes good when your starving.

My rancid horsecock actually tasted better than when fresh! Or maybe I was starving and didn't give a shit; yeah, that was it.
[chubit][chubit]
Hell if you call it "sunbaked" instead of "rancid" you could even sell it.

quote:

Originally posted by Dru:

Hell if you call it "sunbaked" instead of "rancid" you could even sell it.

this gaper is clearly trying to pass off rancid h.c.'n cheese wiz as some kind of aristocratic oscar meyer cheesedog. I'll have none of it. You insult chub and all it stands for with such comparisons.