Oh yea..Bouldering is lame...

Peter_Puget

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On the other hand, ain't nothing wrong with a fad...provided it opens doors equally to both genders. On my last trip to Squamish I noticed that the majority of folks camping out were there for the bouldering. I recall thinking, "I don't get it." But the other thing I noticed was how many beautiful young females were in camp...I mean, compared to the old days, I don't see how the modern climber/boulder monkey can concentrate on the mountain given all the possibilities for mountin'. Eh?

hahahaha...now you see the REAL possiblities of sport climbing and bouldering...you should see the miles of sportbras on a hot, sunny smith day!! Funny thing is, if you want to really crank there, its got to be under 45 degrees!! so obviously, no one's there for the climbin'! yellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gif

Damn, Paul, you didn't have to show all of the sucky ones!! cry.gif

Yeah, real bouldering is done with tennis shoes and a backpack!

Now I can be like Mr. - and claim the first chalkless ascent while wearing tennis shoes and a backpack on a Saturday while approaching sport climbs!!

yellaf.gifyellaf.gif

Just wait until I truly become Boulder Girl Wonder and I inundate you with thousands of bouldering photos!! You'll be sorry then, bwahahaha evils3d.gif

I don't think I would be sorry to see that... confused.gif

Edited by ashw_justin

If my sys amin was here I'd have a good one of cracked in mid-primal scream too.

That's what it's all about you know. It's not a legitimate boulder if you didn't scream while pulling the crux. And the higher the V-grade, the louder you have to scream, man, that sure gets tough. Oh and the climbing's hard too.

If my sys amin was here I'd have a good one of cracked in mid-primal scream too.

That's what it's all about you know. It's not a legitimate boulder if you didn't scream while pulling the crux. And the higher the V-grade, the louder you have to scream, man, that sure gets tough. Oh and the climbing's hard too.

hhhmmmm rolleyes.gif

hhhmmmm rolleyes.gif

You're just jealous because you don't primal scream on man-made concrete 5.7 toprope cracks! Didja like my pics? the_finger.gif

hhhmmmm rolleyes.gif

You're just jealous because you don't primal scream on man-made concrete 5.7 toprope cracks! Didja like my pics? the_finger.gif

Toprope? Hey man, I sewed that beeyatch up! Four bolts, three cams, two or three stoppers... for 20 feet of genuine manmade crack. Oooooh gee-yeah. That's the future in badassness you know. Trad bouldering. Ditch the rope, keep the pro. Cuz we all know trad is harder wink.gif