Tax Day !!

jja

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

so I noticed also that there has been an upswing in people selling their junk in Yard Sale and other places to pay the tax man ... it is usual that people end up owing rather than getting a return? are you all self employed or something?

i got my fat refund in january, ya buncha slackers!!

the_finger.gif

the first year i filed taxes on my own i was self-employed.... blew off the estimated tax shizzle so i ended up having to pay 1300 bucks to uncle sam at the end of the year... OUCH. now THAT hurt. blush.gifhellno3d.gifmadgo_ron.gif

was tempted to blow it off, but mom & dad convinced me otherwise, especially when they reminded me that national parks wouldn't hire a tax evader. tongue.gif never did get them parks jobs i was dreaming about at the time, but still glad i followed the advice...

I got shafted this year with Multnomah County's 'new' income tax (for which there was no withholding last year). So despite being owed a refund for federal and state taxes, a good chunk goes right back out for the county. Argh! That's it, from now on fuk the poor, fuk the kids, fuk it all I'm voting R. hellno3d.gif