Name The Peak And Route

Dru

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It doesn't look like Redoubt to me. The top of the NE face of Reboubt is not that narrow. And the upper couloir does not have a schrund like that. Also, the rock in the picture looks too good to be Redoubt. I give up.

By the way, Dru, if you know about ski descents on Redoubt or other peaks along the border (or can direct me to somebody who does), let me know. My historical research is still focused on the Olde Days, but I'm interested in any leads I can find.

Ok, I believe it. The picture is taken way over on the climber's left side of the schrund, so the face is viewed on-edge, and seems to taper to nothing near the top, even though its really pretty rectangular. You got me fair and square.

Now, for the barrage of questions. Tell me more about David Persson's ascent. Did he ski the face? When was this? Who was he with? What else did he do in Washington (and elsewhere) before his death on Liberty Ridge? Who can I contact to find out more?

p.s. Feel free to send me mail at lowell.skoog@alpenglow.org if you prefer.

[ 06-11-2002, 05:13 PM: Message edited by: Lowell Skoog ]

quote:

Originally posted by Lowell Skoog:

Ok, I believe it. The picture is taken way over on the climber's left side of the schrund, so the face is viewed on-edge, and seems to taper to nothing near the top, even though its really pretty rectangular. You got me fair and square.

Now, for the barrage of questions. Tell me more about David Persson's ascent. Did he ski the face? When was this? Who was he with? What else did he do in Washington (and elsewhere) before his death on Liberty Ridge? Who can I contact to find out more?

p.s. Feel free to send me mail at lowell.skoog@alpenglow.org if you prefer.

Lowell that pic is taken at the top of the 'ice apron' where one can either move L into the couloir or R onto the rock. For some reason we decided to rock climb... this snow cone had to be climbed to gain the rock then we climbed 8 pitches to 5.7 basically parallel to and 100m up the right wall of, the final couloir.

David did not ski the NE face. He probably could have though. He did yoyo ski the N face of Shuksan. I send you PM about this.