It's Spring...Let's bitch about dogs at the crags.

Greg_W

Why not? The cragging season is upon us, someone must have a story or two to tell already. I, for one, find it amazing that a long-time climber would NOT have control of his dog. A dog at the crag is fine if it's friendly. However, if its owner doesn't maintain control of it, puts it in the care of others, or allows it to walk on other climbers' ropes and gear, then the dog is deserving of whatever discipline the offended climber feels is necessary. It's a shame really.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

cry.gif shut up beotch. Doggies are cool.

Ok I guess if the dog is out of control, but never really seen that happen most owners are cool and respectful.

Hey, bitch, I said laid back dogs were okay. It's people who should know better and let their dogs run amok that piss me off.

i visited a guy i know yesterday to borrow a crash pad (i climb little rocks too beehotches) and his fukin dogs jumped all over me the whole time i was at his house. he did ask if i liked dogs. i coulnt really tell him i just didnt like his dogs jumping on me while i was borrowing shit from him. i wont mention the story of the puppy gettin squashed his owner falling off a boulder problem cuz it sucked.

Story for you:

My GF was at the crag one day, climbing with some other people, and there was a group next to them with a dog.

After a little while, maybe 1/2 an hour or so, she walked by the dog and said hello to it... The dog (tied up) lunged at her and bit her. The owner noticed some sort of comotion and turned around. In a totally laisez-faire voice said "Oh! Did he bite you? He does that sometimes."

:mistaht:

Story for you:

My GF was at the crag one day, climbing with some other people, and there was a group next to them with a dog.

After a little while, maybe 1/2 an hour or so, she walked by the dog and said hello to it... The dog (tied up) lunged at her and bit her. The owner noticed some sort of comotion and turned around. In a totally laisez-faire voice said "Oh! Did he bite you? He does that sometimes."

Dog shouldn't have been at the crag, IMO, or at least a warning should have been given to the people climbing nearby.

pitty.gif

A knee to the chest quashes any desire to jump.

to the dog or the owner?

yellaf.gif To the dog when it jumps. If the owner's a buddy, feel free to knee him too. the_finger.gif

Actually you if want to teach a dog not to jump up on you, the best thing is to is when the dog jumps up grab a hold of it, a big bear hug, they freaking hate that. Usually once is enough, they might come back for a second time, but never seen a dog come back for thirds. When you push the dog he thinks your playing the way he wants to. So help keep coming at you if you keep pushing.

I went skiing with a couple guys who brought their dogs Saturday afternoon. The dogs added a lot of humor and entertainment and seemed to enjoy the sunny afternoon as much as us. Made me want to get another dog, I didn't realize they were so adept at keeping up in deep snow.

I love dogs. I come from dog country....sled dog country. That said, it's only selfish irresponsible shitheads that don't train and control their animals, especially those that were bought for 'protection'.
AMEN Brutha

I was at the crags last weekend next to a group of five climbers who had their trash spread across twenty feet of trail. I had to tiptoe through their stuff to avoid stepping on ropes, pro, and other stuff. No room to go around as one side was the crags and the other side was a cliff. People didn't say so much as a sorry.

Hmmm, and to listen to people bitch about dogs.

I was at the crags last weekend next to a group of five climbers who had their trash spread across twenty feet of trail. I had to tiptoe through their stuff to avoid stepping on ropes, pro, and other stuff. No room to go around as one side was the crags and the other side was a cliff. People didn't say so much as a sorry.

Hmmm, and to listen to people bitch about dogs.

did you day something to them? like 'fukin yard sale. pick this shit up crakers.'

Why not? The cragging season is upon us, someone must have a story or two to tell already. I, for one, find it amazing that a long-time climber would NOT have control of his dog. A dog at the crag is fine if it's friendly. However, if its owner doesn't maintain control of it, puts it in the care of others, or allows it to walk on other climbers' ropes and gear, then the dog is deserving of whatever discipline the offended climber feels is necessary. It's a shame really.

cry.gif You're harshing on my mellow, Man.

Why? Did I shoot your dog?

I went skiing with a couple guys who brought their dogs Saturday afternoon. The dogs added a lot of humor and entertainment and seemed to enjoy the sunny afternoon as much as us. Made me want to get another dog, I didn't realize they were so adept at keeping up in deep snow.

they're great in the deep snow. i take mine for a walk in the snow a lot of mornings. the bound in and out of the deep stuff, hide in tree wells and chase each other, and all around make me laugh. they're even great for breaking trail in the fresh stuff. watch out though...they'll step on your tails and mess you up when you're skiing or snowshoeing.

i wouldn't take mine to the crag though...they're ill behaved rogues and would bark endlessly.

No, Man. It's groovy, though, just mellowing out, Man.

Dude, are you hopped up on drugs right now?

Nah, Man I just wanna foment Peace, Man.

Just for a change, you know, Man.

mushsmile.gif

mushsmile.gif

Fuckin' druggie. hellno3d.gifhellno3d.gifthe_finger.gif

mushsmile.gif

Fuckin' druggie. hellno3d.gifhellno3d.gifthe_finger.gif

That's cool, Man. I'll just,like, balance you out.

peace-man.jpg

Peace, Man!