Hidden Cameras in wilderness campgrounds?

Fairweather

2781442.jpg

"The US Forest Service would not say where it got the video footage..."

Top local story tonight. The 'Thirty Mile Fire' over two years ago in which four undertrained and poorly supervised young fire fighters were killed. Started by a campfire left un-extinguished by incredibly stupid people. (But they're not murderers, IMO)

The question on my mind is WTF are hidden video cameras doing in remote campsites? I can understand a camera at a suburban campground, or even a popular national park site, but this place is in the middle of nowhere! Is this practice widespread? How much $$$ is being spent? Why?? The fact that they waited two years to release this footage leads me to believe that cameras like this are a well-kept secret that was only very reluctantly revealed.

Edited by Fairweather

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The threat of terrorism will not expire when provisions of the Patriot Act do."

This is why we need cameras IN EVERY CORNER OF THE GOD DAMNED COUNTRY so that the activities of terrorists (and perverts, and needle junkies, and pinkos, and atheists) can be monitored. Sure it costs money. But we have a budget (which will cut taxes, provide increased health care, improve education and crack down on performance enhancing drugs in athletics) that has accounted for this expense. America will do whatever it takes. hellno3d.gif

I saw that story last night. In the story I saw they clearly stated that the cameras were recording the area where the fire initially started. There was a belief that who ever started the fire would eventually return to the area.

FWIW Pope, the US Government has had contingency plans for damn near every national matter that you can possibly think of for years. These plans have been laid out years in advance and can be pulled off the shelf, dusted off and modified as needed.

The video was taken recently. People who commit crimes typically return to the scene, and in this case it looks like they did and they got it on tape. A crime was committed, who cares if there is a camera in the forest.

I care.

Your forest adventures must look a little different from mine... blush.gif

The video was taken recently. People who commit crimes typically return to the scene, and in this case it looks like they did and they got it on tape. A crime was committed, who cares if there is a camera in the forest.

The story I watched on KIRO last night clearly stated that 'authorities' have sat on the tape for two years and that it was taken before the fire. The tape is not recent according to "Essex Porter" on KIRO. grin.gif

It's come to my attention that Hidden Cameras have become more and more widespread for one reason. Due to the extreme popularity of reality T.V. with such shows as "Average Joe," "The Simple Life", and "The Bachelorette's Wedding." In fact more and more filming avenues are being explored to get to a rawer more exposing reality show. These camera's are not for security purposes but rather may play a large part in feature daily T.V. Programming. Take this link for example. Do you really think this camera is there for security purposes or rather for our viewing pleasure???

http://tenderloin.net/04302003/page3.html

In fact the camera's that are being placed in the woods are there for tracking purposes. They want to find out where this hoser came from!!! The fact that it collected some rather damning evidence was just a circumstantial coincidence. In fact, inside Hollywood sources tell me that they have now captured enough film from situations like this, that they are ready to run their new prime time program. "Hosers, Hooligans, and Dan Howitts"