Y. Ridge on Hood

texplorer

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think avy stuff is an issue, it is so easy to get by there out of harm's way. However, the exit gully to the hourglass will be pretty frightful in higher avalanche conds, and that's pretty much the escape off the south side of the ridge. Two folks were nailed by avalanche there in January last year. I don't think I'd want to be stuck on the ridge if shit hits the fan since it is hard to get off quickly, and the forecast is not exactly clean. Anyway, you'll know you're alive I guess. Please do not employ seige tactics on the ridge. The cc.com "flavor of the month" crap needs to stop.

I think it's below the first police man. Taken with slight telephoto from the top.

Tex, I think that crotch on the left is where you belayed me up and the point where the dood is sitting is just above the crux of your pitch. Where he is sitting is about where you would have run out of rope if we used 50's.

That's my opinion...and I'm stickin' to it.

if his experience was like mine last year in the same place he also was out of his tent every 2 hours to excavate the mountain of snow that accumulates at the gap, just below i-rock...all the while listening to that godawful howl from just a few feet away

uhhh, climbing at smith was kinda cool...

the turn-off for timberline looked all cold and snowy and stuff so i got scared and kept heading east

Funny thing, Ivan; my respect for you as a climber went up a notch for NOT atempting Y. ridge. thumbs_up.gifbigdrink.gif

See you at Pete's.

Iain, say hi, please...don't do the hideing as DFA bull-shite this time around. I would like to meet you.