Mars

AlpineK

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

acording to that chart link mars escape vel is half that of earths and thats where most of the fuel expenditure is so i may not be as difficult but it would be impresive and probly be little to no room for calculation error.

cbs all that math mubo jumbo is theory, anyone thats says they have a conclusion hass mearly admitted that they are done thinking about it.

plus he clearly states that photons have no mass then gives the equation on how to find the mass of a photon.

hes just talkin in circles read his posts again

Actually, what the equation shows is that a photon of arbitrary energy has no mass. By arbitrary, I mean that you can consider any photon, one with as large or small an energy as you desire, and it will be massless.

Anything anyone says about science is all theory. That's what science is. Make a model, test it, and use it until you find that it's broke. Our theories now are very accurate in many different ways, so while we could never say it is absolutely true, it's pretty damn close. Here's a nice analogy: Mt Rainier isn't exactly 14,410 feet tall. It may be, say, 14,410.0162789... feet tall. But who cares? It seems to me you'd be telling the truth to say it's 14,410 feet tall. The photon is massless to an even better approximation than the example I just created.

You're totally right about the escape velocity thing. Mars is smaller than Earth, so it is a smaller potential well.

As for me, I don't give a rat's ass about Mars. There are no face shots (of the preferred type) there. And yes, I have limited my thinking to say that.

Have a great weekend everyone... bigdrink.gif

I was referring to smaller mass, which is the critical matter. Mars has smaller mass and radius, though, so I have no idea what you are talking about.

Mars/Earth Comparison

Bulk parameters

Mars Earth Ratio (Mars/Earth)

Mass (1024 kg) 0.64185 5.9736 0.107

Volume (1010 km3) 16.318 108.321 0.151

Equatorial radius (km) 3397 6378.1 0.533

Polar radius (km) 3375 6356.8 0.531

I think we should both make it a goal for the rest of this evening to smoke some Dodo Bird and knock back some brews, and maybe not worry about this Mars stuff too much.