Mars

AlpineK

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wonder who's going to step up as the person to go to Mars? Basically asking someone to commit suicide. Even with the robots the odds of surviving the landing are quite poor. Not to mention the enormous amount of time the individual would have to spend by themselves in space.

His proposal is election year posturing. This is politics Bush style. His old man proposed a return to the moon during his administration. Hey they need something positive to campaign on this year. This is his vision thingy. He'll forget about it right after the election. wave.gif

Also if memory serves me the martian year is like 325 earth days. I think what whirlwind was trying to say that if the traveled near the speed of light the astronauts would age at a different rate than friends and family at home on earth. Hypothetically maybe, but they'll have to travel at conventional speeds unless we steal the hyperdrive from the Millienum Falcon. hahaha.gif

probly would have to travel light speed,

but it would be intresting to see if ageing is relitive to the time it takes to travel around the sun,

wounldn't it be posible if this was true to

increase a persons life span, oh and if it

365 for us mars takes longer doesn't it? if it is

325 would it then decrease? and could decay

time diifer, which would effect a lot of things

Edited by wirlwind

Also if memory serves me the martian year is like 325 earth days.
Think about it, dude. Mars is the fourth planet, while the earth is the third. Longer orbit, longer year.

Catbird...think about that for a second. Who says the planets travel at the same velocity? Ok, I'll be forced to do a web search like Dru.ok, the Martian day is 24.6 hours and the martian year is 1.8 earth years. Here is your link Look at the average temp, think the astronauts would use 800 power down or Polargard 3D?

Edited by Ducknut