Oh My God

MtnHigh

• Replies 19
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah I have never seen a bigger cattle call when they dropped the lines at the access points to heather canyon, which has only been open from memorial down all week. I headed immediately to the woods and stayed there all day. enough snow in there to make it scary if you go in by yourself.

Ski Bowl update: 10" new on the ground Sunday morning and 17 degrees. By 8:00 PM, another 6" at least and down to 12 degrees. Every day has been the "best day ever" for about 10 days now and the big storm will not arrive until tomorrow! Oh my God, word up!

The down side? I did have to wait in about a 30 second line once for the upper bowl chair until they opened the Outback. It sucked but it was over before I realized what was happening (new experience at the bowl).

I would imagine that after 4 bowl got tracked out that Jack's would have been one of the few steep enough shots at Meadows to keep you moving through all of that fluff! cantfocus.gif

Cmon there's that 10 ft. pitch at the bottom of the HR Meadows chair that rips it!!

Had 2 ft+ at Hoodoo last friday and nobody there. I think we got every fresh track on the entire hill. Sweet!

I would imagine that after 4 bowl got tracked out that Jack's would have been one of the few steep enough shots at Meadows to keep you moving through all of that fluff! cantfocus.gif

Cmon there's that 10 ft. pitch at the bottom of the HR Meadows chair that rips it!!

You guys are so X-treme I can hardly stay in my seat. Please autograph my one-piece before I lose all control yellaf.gif

have you skied god's wall area at meadows? looks steep from the bottom though I don't like the ravine/creek runout.

yeah i made the mistake of cruising down heather creek yesterday to see what it was like instead of taking heather chair back up. There are still a few spots open. In fact, a skier fell into the creek just below the chair at one crossing. yikes.

• 1 month later...

Hey now, let's not forget One Bowl, O-Ring, or Powder Keg...They'll keep you moving, too.....

On the Riley thing, we all get smileysex5.gif'd by Meadows management, but unfortunately they still have the best terrain and most consistent conditions. How about some windscreens like Whistler's for the quad chairs instead of the other crap they're spending on, and a grooming crew that actually SHOWS UP FOR WORK!!!

Meadows is gonna have to step up hard real soon. Collins Lake Resort got the go-ahead to start putting in the gondolas to Multapor and the bottom of the Magic Mile (est. completion 2006-2007 season), and rumor has it, the same lift ticket will be honored at both SkiBowl and T-line. How many of us are going to make the extra drive to Meadows if we can park in Govy, ride 2 different resorts, ride from the top of Palmer to Govy, then ride a gondola back up?

Meadows is gonna have to step up hard real soon. Collins Lake Resort got the go-ahead to start putting in the gondolas to Multapor and the bottom of the Magic Mile (est. completion 2006-2007 season), and rumor has it, the same lift ticket will be honored at both SkiBowl and T-line.

Go ahead from who? Their are a few more hurdles for them to jump through just yet...as for T-Line and SkiBowl, I'll believe it when I see it. They'll have enough obstacles integrating Summit.

You've been able to ski all the way from T-Line to govy for 70? years now - your gondola just looks like a car, and your thumbs a lift tickey!