Kill A Tree For Christ

EWolfe

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I thought they were separate species - Cedar of Lebanon cedrus libani and Deodar Cedar cedrus deodara

I think I was wrong about the middle east though, I think the deodar cedars are more in the himalaya or somewhere around there. Anyway, there are definitely evergreens around in the middle east, in fact they are famous for them.

Dru said:

Dan_Harris said:

(how many evergreens do you think are indigenous to Bethlehem?)

Hey, ya ever hear of the "cedars of Lebanon"? confused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gifconfused.gif

I was just putting up a quote. And yes I have heard of the cedars of Lebanon. Bethlehem, last time I looked though is south of Jerusalem on the West Bank. Gets kind of arid down there. Now Jesus is said to be a carpenter, as was Joseph, from Nazareth which is in the north of Israel. Probably had cedars there.

Well see they logged off the forests in the middle east and never replanted, and overgrazed, and farmed the fields without fallowing or fertilizing properly, and look what you get : a desert! shocked.gif

A good example of early human-induced climate change.

Again I knew about the cutting, overgrazing, etc. But wasn't the Negev Desert the Negev back then too? Bethlehem is a little north of there and a little west of the Dead Sea. I think we all know why it is called that. I don't think the cedars extended that far south that's all. I could be wrong. It's happened a couple of times before. Anyone know?

For what it's worth, I lived on the Lebanese border in northern Israel on top of a huge hill in the middle of a pine forest. Contrary to popular misconception, there are still a lot of trees in Israel. True, there are a lot of replanted trees, but there are still plenty of areas that weren't cut down to bare earth. And there were Lebanese cedars everywhere. They're awesome. Israel's pretty. Filthy, but pretty. thumbs_up.gif

"Oh, sure, The Little Drummer Boy is a beautiful song, for maybe the first 35 minutes. But eventually it gets on your nerves, those voices shrieking “Rum-pa-pa-pum!” I’ll tell you this: If I were taking care of a newborn baby, and somebody came around whacking on a drum, that person would find himself at the emergency room having his drumsticks surgically removed from his rum-pa-pa-pum, if you know what I mean. " - Dave Barry

Via South Park (look out - bad words)

I heard there is no Christmas,

In the silly Middle East..

No Trees, no Snow, no Santa Claus,

They have Different Religious beliefs..

They Believe in Muhammad,

And not in our Holiday..

And so every December,

I go to the Middle East and say..

Hey there Mr Muslim, Merry Fucking Christmas

Put down that book 'The Koran'

and hear some holiday wishes

Incase you haven't noticed,

it's Jesus's Birthday

So get off you heathen Muslim Ass

And fucking celebrate.

There is no holiday season in india,

i've heard..

They don't hang up their stockings,

and that is just absurd..

They've never read a Christmas Story,

They Don't know what Rudolph is about..

And that's why in December,

I'll go to india and shout..

Hey there Mr Hinduist, Merry Fucking Christmas

Dring some 'nog, and eat some Beef

and pass it to the Missus

It's Jesus's Birthday

So get off your heathen hindu ass,

And fucking celebrate.

Now I heard that in Japan,

Everyone just lives in sin..

They pray to several gods,

And put needles in their skin..

On December twenty-fifth,

all they do is eat a cake..

and that is why i'll go to Japan,

and walk around and say..

Hey there Mr Shintoist, Merry Fucking Christmas

God is gonna kick your ass You infidelic pagan scum.

There's festive things to do

So lets all rejoice for Jesus

and Merry Fucking Christmas to you.

On Christmas Day, I travel round the world and say..

Taoists, Korishnas, Buddists

and all you atheists too..

Merry Fucking Christmas to you.

Thank you, Mr Hat..

yellaf.gif glacier I like.

"For reasons I cannot begin to understand, when I was about eight years old my parents gave me a pair of skis for Christmas. I went outside, strapped them on, and stood in a racing crouch, but nothing happened. This is because there are no hills in Iowa." - Bill Bryson, I’m a Stranger Here Myself

The true cedars (Cedrus, a Pine family genus) are much planted in Northwest cities; they are three species native to Lebanon, Israel, and the Atlas and Himalaya Mountains. Each of our "false" cedars represents a Pacific Rim genus with other species in Northeast Asia.
Thou also mockest, O thief, and when threatened, dost stretch out to me the indecent finger! Alas, unhappy I! that the thing is but wood which makes me seem fearsome. But no matter, I will charge the lecherous owner of the garden that he may be willing to irrumate the thieves for me.