layton

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

bunglehead said:

michael_layton said:

I climbed the Red and Brown route at PDX rock gym tonight.

It was sick.

At first I was like this is totally hard!

But then some dude showed me how to start it.

Then I sent it.

yellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gif

Classic. I hope you had a bunch of posers standing around telling you how to climb it.

The beta wolf posse. yellaf.gif

bunglehead said:

michael_layton said:

I climbed the Red and Brown route at PDX rock gym tonight.

It was sick.

At first I was like this is totally hard!

But then some dude showed me how to start it.

Then I sent it.

yellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gif

Classic. I hope you had a bunch of posers standing around telling you how to climb it.

that would so ruin my onsite cry.gif

So there I was, workin' the blue and red boulder problem last night - they call if a V-5, but, fuck, it's gotta be at least V-6 'cause that's what that brown and yellow problem is and I swear the moves are as hard. I mean, I was packing some serious pea-gravel dimples from pitchin' off from hella high up - at least 8 feet. So there I am, trying to send it when this hottie walks up and tries that yellow V-2 - you know, the one to the left there with that kinda cool drop-knee - I mean, it's cool for a warm-up problem. So she's workin' it and I'm trying that V-5 and I know she's impressed on how I totally yell and chuck for that sloper, 'cept I can't quite latch it. But I give her the beta on the drop knee and kinda 'power-spot' her to pull the move, if you know what I mean - Gawd, I love it when their t-backs ride up like that. She says 'thanks' and I tell her she'll totally get it next go - I'm totally sure she smiled at me. So this other guy I know at the gym comes by and, like, totally, just sails up that V-5. I don't know him that well, but he's old, like 25 or somethin' and has been climbing like forever, I think maybe 3 years. But he shows me the total mad beta on the crux move - this Buell onto the knob while totally flagged out then this whacked Gaston that totally sets you up for the sloper move. Well I tried it that way - you know you got to honor your elders - and it came so easy I guess it was V-5 after all and I turndd around to see if the hottie had seen me do it but she was off playin' on some V-1 with a friend of hers.