muffy's hippy dippy thoughts on rock

sk

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

sometimes it is about the people... but for me it is more about the place.... there are places on the planet that hold power for me, they may not for other people. For instance. I LOVE smith... LOVE IT.especialy in the Gorge... my best friend, mustang sally, is non plussed there. She LOVES a place that I like... but, it is just not the same to me. So ya, it is about the rock.. not about the scene.

I just love getting out on good rock. For me, I hate the scene. Climbing with some buddies is all good. But crowds, egos, expectations and all that rolled into climbing just doesn't make it as much fun.

For instance, I love climbing at Smith, but I haven't been back there in years, partly because it is now a 6 hour drive for but also because there are too many people there that care too much about the scene and how they look, and what hard climbs they did.

Other places get like that too, Index gets hella crowded on nice spring weekends. Try to stay away from there on days like that.

Give me a good rock, with not many people around, and I love it. Give me great rock with too many people around, and it is miserable...

rr666 said:

I just love getting out on good rock. For me, I hate the scene. Climbing with some buddies is all good. But crowds, egos, expectations and all that rolled into climbing just doesn't make it as much fun.

For instance, I love climbing at Smith, but I haven't been back there in years, partly because it is now a 6 hour drive for but also because there are too many people there that care too much about the scene and how they look, and what hard climbs they did.

Other places get like that too, Index gets hella crowded on nice spring weekends. Try to stay away from there on days like that.

Give me a good rock, with not many people around, and I love it. Give me great rock with too many people around, and it is miserable...

I can see that... but I am able to just ignor what dose not effect me. It's quiet in the gorge.. I have climbed there in the spring and only seen one other group of climbers... I like to climb with friends... people I know... and maybe as I climb more places I will have a diffrent favorite place. But for now.. there is power there for me.. it matter not WHO is there, or WHAT else is going on.

You want to hear my hippy dippy view?

I believe it has more to do with your interior state of mind. If feeling happy is a dose of serotonin and something exterior to me triggers that release, then it’s all good whether that trigger is the company of good friends or the feel of rock, etc. For me, it’s all about the freedom to climb, having this corporeal body to sense and feel the rock and the heat of the sun. It would suck to be just stardust. Since I can’t climb now (injury), I’m not fully alive. Just to go through the motions again, that engagement of mind, body and environment, would feel good. And the confluence of all things: sunny weather, friends you trust, good rock, sending the moves…it’s a one in a million shot, kind of like that transitory feeling of being in love. It just feels good and those are the best moments.

Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer said:

Hmmmm, does your favorite place to climb have to be the BEST place to climb??? or can you just love a place or a kind of rock that feels good to you?? that perhaps speaks to you for what ever reasn???

The resonance emitting from The Fifth Force cave at index is such that I have a strong inclination to hang pig carcasses from the wall. hahaha.gif

MisterE said:

Hmmmm, does your favorite place to climb have to be the BEST place to climb??? or can you just love a place or a kind of rock that feels good to you?? that perhaps speaks to you for what ever reasn???

The resonance emitting from The Fifth Force cave at index is such that I have a strong inclination to hang pig carcasses from the wall. hahaha.gif

thats weird.. the caves at smith make me want to check out your ass wink.gif ( there is a picture that goes with this wink.gif ) Edited by Muffy_The_Wanker_Sprayer

MisterE said:

thats weird.. it just makes me want to check out your ass wink.gif ( there is a picture that goes with this wink.gif )

shocked.gifblush.giftongue.gifmoon.gif

Thank you for not posting it... hellno3d.gif

wave.gif

MisterE said:

MisterE said:

thats weird.. it just makes me want to check out your ass wink.gif ( there is a picture that goes with this wink.gif )

shocked.gifblush.giftongue.gifmoon.gif

Thank you for not posting it... hellno3d.gif

wave.gif

tongue.gif but I'm gunna wink.gif

MisterE said:

thats weird.. the caves at smith make me want to check out your ass wink.gif ( there is a picture that goes with this wink.gif )

Behold the hypnotic power of MisterE's ass.

DSC00258.sized.jpg

the best place to climb is the one where everything is unclimbed thumbs_up.gif

the second best place to climb is the one where all my friends are

3rd best would have to be a place with sweet routes i want to do. cause i can have fun climbing with friends even if the routes are so so. but if routes are wicked and partners are suck then its all whatever.

fruit.gif