• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
Tim

where to climb in WA?

where can you climb in WA right now without freezing your ass off? How is Vantage???

I'd wait till this cold snap snaps if you want warmer temperatures. I was up at 6,300 feet today and it was very cold. Maybe something like 15F (0F with windchill) at that altitude. Seems to be a large pressure gradient across the Cascades right now making things, at times, uncomfortably windy.

sez vantage is gonna be in the 40's and sunny. so that makes it feel like 50 degrees. thats your best best.

cold weather is the best time to climb, go to squamish, and yes squamish is in fact a part of washington.......so is smith

Distel32 said:

squamish is in fact a part of washington.......so is smith

nice try, WA is the little weak sister of BC boxing_smiley.gif

drul is going mtn photographing this weekend, while backing with climbing gear i thought?

hahaha.gif

alpinism: freezing your ass off moon.gif and suffering cry.gif when you COULD be pulling nubbin at Smiff thumbs_up.gif

Dru said:

Distel32 said:

Yeh, the one that always pounded your ass, even though you were 5 years older. hahaha.gifboxing_smiley.gif

Dru said:

Distel32 said:

OREGON IS KING

skyclimb said:

Dru said:

Distel32 said:

OREGON IS KING

I bow to your .05 deposit, O Great One. grin.gif

skyclimb said:

Dru said:

Distel32 said:

OREGON IS KING

All I can do is just laugh at that.... moon.gifmoon.gifmoon.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifmoon.gifmoon.gifmoon.gif

fuck vantage... its a worthless pile! and squamish and smith can be fun... but theres these walls around highway 2 somewhere, above a little town on the way to the ski area??? i dunno i keep hearing about some granite, and like sunny 6 pitch moderate freeclimbs??? might be worth the recon... a good adventure i'm sure- and its not cold. its the best time of the year to be rock climbing wear socks and bring appropriate attire-bp

bobbyperu said:

fuck vantage... its a worthless pile! and squamish and smith can be fun... but theres these walls around highway 2 somewhere, above a little town on the way to the ski area??? i dunno i keep hearing about some granite, and like sunny 6 pitch moderate freeclimbs??? might be worth the recon... a good adventure i'm sure- and its not cold. its the best time of the year to be rock climbing wear socks and bring appropriate attire-bp

SHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

the_finger.gif

Tim said:

where can you climb in WA right now without freezing your ass off? How is Vantage???

Just give up on the idea that you don't want to leave WA and follow the hoardes to Smith for a fun weekend of climbing that is way better than Vantage choss.

b/c my alpine buddy doesn't have a hall pass from his wife this w/e and my friends will be at smith and i'm feeling lazy. that's why tongue.gif

Peter_Puget said:

With the weather like this would you drive to Smith?

I have to work again!:(

PP bigdrink.gif

pete you know where we will be......if you get the chance come on out!

erik

bigdrink.gif

Peter_Puget said:

Minx - If I was feeling lazy I'd be on my couch.

PP bigdrink.gif

do you have kids at home? it's impossible to be lazy if i'm home!

we all define lazy differently cool.gifbigdrink.gifbigdrink.gif