• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
ivan

a walk in the freezer

snaf.gif

ivan said:

lest i be called a poser by a big beer meanie

Ivan, you and I both know you're no poser. I just was flipping a little shite. So whydja hafta go and poke fun at the size of my gut? I'm not that big. wazzup.gif

A party at the Tilly Jane hut is not a bad idea and one I've been tossing around for years. With enough snow cover it could be a blast and the hut holds quite a few bodies. Pull a keg up on a sled. Or use Iains camel.

How about some weekend in February? I'd definitely be willing to skin up to Cloudcap pulling a pony keg. That sounds worthwhile in and of itself. Maybe get drunk, talk some smack, and commence with an extreme skiing send-fest.

bigdrink.gif

I wonder if we could get Extremo Mtn Dude to show?

that sounds like fun, all that ice over by the moraine will be in by then too. maybe a circumnav. is in order again too

Terminal_Gravity said:

That sounds like a blast to me too. I can bring several 5 gallon kegs which fit nicely into a pack. Dates any one?

i love TG...he reminds me of my favorite virginia senators...they get you drunk and tell you good stories...that's the meaning of democracy for me...now if only you provided fried fish at the same time

ivan said:

now if only you provided fried fish at the same time

Oyster me boy! Oysters! It's what kept Strom (dozen a day) young for so long!

The A-frame has a good supply of wood this year. And the new woodstove is sweet. The old stove is in the cook hut now, so that should make the old place a bit more bearable.

I'll check on dates. bigdrink.gif

(we should really go ski w/ TG)

JayB said:

Nice Job.

Now someone just needs to set up a spotting scope to observe the 46 separate parties that are sure to descend on that sucker like the mongol hordes this coming weekend.

We didnt wait for the weekend, but gave it a try Tues night/Wed am. Left car at around 3am. Temps around -15C. Stumbled around the base of the Eliot in that fucking boulderfield for a while in the cold and dark. One partner was underdressed and the cold really got to him, so we turned the ship around and got back to the car as the sun came up.

With the forecast turning on Tues, I am afraid I missed the gravy train yet again this year. Oh well. Don't underestimate this approach, these guys have been very modest in their down-play of the suck factor of those snow covered boulders or of how cold it was.

x31A

i believe i said "it f@cking sucked"...hardly downplaying. still not as long as for triple couliors.

got a bit of frostnip on the tips of all of my right fingers (made picking me nose difficult for a few days)...didn't have that happen to me in alaska either

Yeah I finally got the feeling back in my fingertips yesterday. Kind of a relief. The weird thing was my hands weren't cold on the climb, it wasn't till I got back to the car that I realized I had a "bit of the nip". confused.gif

I wore thermals, Schoellar shirt, Schoellar Dynamic full jacket and a Golite Polarguard 3D jacket the entire climb and was still cold!

shredmaximus said:

Yeah I finally got the feeling back in my fingertips yesterday. Kind of a relief. The weird thing was my hands weren't cold on the climb, it wasn't till I got back to the car that I realized I had a "bit of the nip". confused.gif

I wore thermals, Schoellar shirt, Schoellar Dynamic full jacket and a Golite Polarguard 3D jacket the entire climb and was still cold!

That sounds brutal. How cold was it really? any clue?...I'm surprised your camera worked so well.

cold enough that i spent most of my time climbing idly dreaming about jumping into my hot tub at the first opportunity

i've been know to be wrong about things smile.gif, but i figure it was in the upper teens (F, of course)

Those idle dreams are funny...Rib Eye steaks, french fries, and beer are typical for me; when I dream of a big salad I know I've been out for too many days; when it's hot tubs I know it's cold and when it's sex I know the climbing has not been fullfilling.

(Last time I was out with RBW & wdeitch I cound't wait to get home for sex in a hot tub) fruit.gif

I had a cheesy little REI keychain thermometer which read just under 10 degrees F. It's pretty hard to read those stupid things though.

I would have taken more pictures but my camera batteries kept dying. I would take the battery out put it down my pants and warm it up then pop it in. I would get about 3 pictures before it died again. It was a royal pain in the @#$! frown.gif

shredmaximus said:

I would take the battery out put it down my pants It was a royal pain in the @#$! frown.gif

Well duh! my guess is you should have kept it out of your pants and just tried a pocket instead. yellaf.gif

sketchfest said:

shredmaximus said:

I would take the battery out put it down my pants It was a royal pain in the @#$! frown.gif

Well duh! my guess is you should have kept it out of your pants and just tried a pocket instead. yellaf.gif

I trust they weren't size D batteries that were a pain? hahaha.gif

Terminal_Gravity said:

sketchfest said:

shredmaximus said:

I trust they weren't size D batteries that were a pain? hahaha.gif

I heard rumor that they might have been double D!...Ouch blush.gif

The transgressions possible boggle the mind...This started out as a really nice TR with spectacular photos. After a brief diversion toward a CC fest at Cloud Cap it has turned into something approximating an old Eddie Murphy song.

I'm only trying to divert attention away from myself because they went out and did something, while I stayed home with my "honey-do" list. Don't hate me cause I suck!

Heh, I just realized my right thumb is still pretty numb. I though it was just calloused from the gym and smith, etc. but shred's comments make me think otherwise. I didn't even think my hands were getting that cold. hellno3d.gif hope this goes away.