• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

JayB said:

Nice Job.

Now someone just needs to set up a spotting scope to observe the 46 separate parties that are sure to descend on that sucker like the mongol hordes this coming weekend.

We didnt wait for the weekend, but gave it a try Tues night/Wed am. Left car at around 3am. Temps around -15C. Stumbled around the base of the Eliot in that fucking boulderfield for a while in the cold and dark. One partner was underdressed and the cold really got to him, so we turned the ship around and got back to the car as the sun came up.

With the forecast turning on Tues, I am afraid I missed the gravy train yet again this year. Oh well. Don't underestimate this approach, these guys have been very modest in their down-play of the suck factor of those snow covered boulders or of how cold it was.

x31A

shredmaximus said:

Yeah I finally got the feeling back in my fingertips yesterday. Kind of a relief. The weird thing was my hands weren't cold on the climb, it wasn't till I got back to the car that I realized I had a "bit of the nip". confused.gif

I wore thermals, Schoellar shirt, Schoellar Dynamic full jacket and a Golite Polarguard 3D jacket the entire climb and was still cold!

That sounds brutal. How cold was it really? any clue?...I'm surprised your camera worked so well.

Those idle dreams are funny...Rib Eye steaks, french fries, and beer are typical for me; when I dream of a big salad I know I've been out for too many days; when it's hot tubs I know it's cold and when it's sex I know the climbing has not been fullfilling.

(Last time I was out with RBW & wdeitch I cound't wait to get home for sex in a hot tub) fruit.gif

Terminal_Gravity said:

sketchfest said:

shredmaximus said:

I would take the battery out put it down my pants It was a royal pain in the @#$! frown.gif

Well duh! my guess is you should have kept it out of your pants and just tried a pocket instead. yellaf.gif

I trust they weren't size D batteries that were a pain? hahaha.gif

I heard rumor that they might have been double D!...Ouch blush.gif

It could take a while, but as long as it doesn't discolor and then turn black, don't worry. Hell, even if it does discolor and turn black, don't worry. Don't worry until it falls off, and then it's not worth worrying any more. I didn't realize my situation until I got down the mountain and took my gloves off. It can just kinda sneak up on you like that.

fb4.jpg

I'll bet someone already got it, but...

frosty snaf.gif

Edited by skykilo