What are your 3 big objectives for the winter?

dberdinka

.5 Find a climbing partner in Ashland...

1. First Ice trip to Canada Rockies

1.5 Polar Circus with Bozeman bro.

2. Drury Falls with ryland, it's going to be a marathon weekend from sothern Oregon!

3. Winter wall in Yosemite or Zion, maybe solo if .5 doesn't happen soon.

3.5 Lots of skiing and winter camping with my wife.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Lambone said:

.5 Find a climbing partner in Ashland...

1. First Ice trip to Canada Rockies

1.5 Polar Circus with Bozeman bro.

2. Drury Falls with ryland, it's going to be a marathon weekend from sothern Oregon!

3. Winter wall in Yosemite or Zion, maybe solo if .5 doesn't happen soon.

3.5 Lots of skiing and winter camping with my wife.

.. hey that's cheating !! I want to do it to ..

.5 lose 10 pounds

1.5 get somone else to drive to lillooet every weekend

2.5 resist the urge to waste more money on gear i don't need

3.5 teach cracked wave.gif that placing an ice screw at your feet while on a ledge doesn't really provide much protection for the leader. wink.gif

dberdinka said:

Direct North Face of Dragontail.

These are the WI3 runnels directly below the third coulior. I predict this will be as popular in 03/04 as Triple-Couliors was in 02/03.

This is the Follsom-Heller route. It was done in 1975 and was one of the first winter excursions on the peak. Unfortunately, Don Heller (one of the first ascentionists) was killed on the descent following the climb.

Jason

cracked said:

Lambone said:

cracked...sometimes, I swear...you are like an annoying songbird that never shuts up...and one who never learned to sing very well.

Tele skiing is fun as hell, try it sometime...

What I don't get is why you ALWAYS have you panties in a bunch... yellowsleep.gifyellowsleep.gifyellowsleep.gifyellowsleep.gif

Hey Lambone wave.gif

I never noticed you always had your undies bunched up. Cracked is exhibiting even more of his homoerotic interpretations.

Cracked: I've tried AT skiing and strangely enough I find tele easier and more enjoyable. I'm not getting into that whole AT v. Tele dick-measuring thing because in the end its all just fun on the snow. Why do you constantly bring it up? If AT is so great why are you on teletips?

rolleyes.gif

Jason_Martin said:

This is the Follsom-Heller route. It was done in 1975 and was one of the first winter excursions on the peak. Unfortunately, Don Heller (one of the first ascentionists) was killed on the descent following the climb.

Jason

Yikes! Thats some scary history. Was this the guy who slid into the lake and drown? Or am I thinking of something else.

Come on, half you fools at least! did triple couliors last year, others of you have to have the Follsom-Heller route on your ticklist to be...

dberdinka said:Come on, half you fools at least! did triple couliors last year, others of you have to have the Follsom-Heller route on your ticklist to be...

shuddup already, do you want to have another weekend like this with a dozen people and 24 swinging tools on the route at the same time?

I'm feeling like the only climber (if I can still call myself that) who hasn't climbed Triple Couliors this winter/spring/summer? Any feeling on how much longer it's going to last? One more weekend? Or melted out today? Thanks.

Darin

wave.gif so did you get a chance to do it?

"This is the Follsom-Heller route. It was done in 1975 and was one of the first winter excursions on the peak. Unfortunately, Don Heller (one of the first ascentionists) was killed on the descent following the climb."

I have always called this "the 1971 route." While it's first winter ascent may have been in 1975, the first ascent of the line was by Eric Gerber and Charles Sink on August 1, 1971.

I think it is one of the highest quality alpine ice climbs in the Cascades. More importantly, I think it forms very consistently relative to other alpine ice routes.

Dave_Schuldt said:

Lambone said:

cracked...sometimes, I swear...you are like an annoying songbird that never shuts up...and one who never learned to sing very well.

Tele skiing is fun as hell, try it sometime...

NO SHIT, THAT KID IS REDICULOUS.

YOU DON'T EVEN KNOW ME! rolleyes.gif

Necronomicon said:

Ridiculus. R-I-D-I-C-U-L-U-S. Ridiculus.

yellaf.gif

Why don't all you posers and losers go to Pube Club and talk shit about me when I'm not around (pretty lame and petty, no?). You can then all agree that I'm a jackass, pat yourselves on the back, and stroke each others' cocks some more. I really don't care. yellowsleep.gifyellowsleep.gifyellowsleep.gif