Poaching, Stilly, Kings, Dynamite

Scott_J

Yesterday, I was talking with a fella that said he has seen and spoken with the Fur, Fin and Feather boys about poached kings on the north fork of the Stilly that were dynamited in holes up there!!! 20+ kings were found on the shore with eggs stripped and left to rot. What the #%&*%^*#$% is going on? Are people crazy! Has anyone else heard of goings on like this? I guess the Fish and Game is trying their best to catch them but to no avail so far.

Is the roe being sold to the Asians? I mean I like Alaska pop corn and a boiled and cooled roe, but I get mine legal. God dang this is very disturbing! For those of you that don't fish on this web site this area is near Darrington. These particular salmon in this system are endangered species.This is not a little snagging incident, this is out right destruction of a species for monetary gain.

• Replies 9
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

That sucks Sisu, I feel your pain. Years ago we were hunting elk in the Collacum. We were cruising a jeep trail and were stopped by a pissed off game warden. His sleeves were rolled up to his elbows and his arms were covered with dried blood. Seems some shitbags corralled a herd of cow elk in a draw and shot them all for fun and left them to rot. The warden had just finished gutting them all out, and to say he was pissed off is an understatement.

I will take the Anarchist approach to anyone I see poaching. This will include shooting up vehicles, destroying their personal property, and generally just scaring them a bit! Eugene is actually having an effect on me! yelrotflmao.gif

Seriously, this is a problem down here too. One guy was just arrested this past summer for illegally snagging spring Chinook salmon (Endangered species). He was sentenced to 4 years in jail! The kid that was with him wnet to a juvenile detention center for until next summer. Glad to see the justice system is finally imposing some penalties. Kind of like stealing in Turkey! No one does it anymore!

Al_Pine said:

You enviro nazis are really beginning to annoy me. There's tons of fish out there. Why worry about just a few species. The poachers probably needed to do it to put food on the table for their families.

You a gillnetter or a TROLLER boy?