Governor Arnold

Fairweather

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah

this is just politics as usual, looking a little different on the surface but the same as always.

trask, the only thing different about this than the usual election process is that people of CA woke up, took the beer goggles off, and chewed off their arm to escape.

regardless of the shape it took (recall) they've swapped one politician for another. maybe arnold will do a better job than davis but it's all politics. no matter what he does someone is going to be pissed.

Dan_Harris said:

I thought that the beauty of the government in this country was that anyone can become a representaive of some kind. Sure it helps that you have a recognizable name. People who feel only politicians should run for office annoy me. FWIW, I voted for Tom McClintock not Ahhnold.

Politics, Poly: many, tics: blood sucking parasites grin.gif

good points...and he actually lives in California too cool.gif

AmberBuxom said:

minx said:

this is just politics as usual, looking a little different on the surface but the same as always.

a pro-choice republican who also supports gay couple adoption getting voted in during the first-ever governorship recall election is 'same as always'?

nice to see a republican not toeing the party line but come on. he's one guy who is going to have to wrassle w/the CA legislature. it's interesting but in the end it's just more politicians making deals. nothing new.

minx said:

regardless of the shape it took (recall) they've swapped one politician for another. maybe arnold will do a better job than davis but it's all politics.

straight out: davis acted in a hostile way towards small business. unpredictable energy costs. the complete screwing of the southern california sportfishing industry. etc. he did it just last week by transferring a bunch of health insurance costs to businesses. how many businesses moved outta that state during the davis years?

come to think of it they could've elected a chimp and i would be non-plussed. wait they already tried that in the 70s. rolleyes.gif

as stated earlier CA is not the center of the universe and i'm tired of hearing about it. when they figure out some creative ways to solve their economic probs then i'll be interested.

sure davis was a fool and probably deserved to be recalled. i guess i'm just cynical when it comes to politics. i don't see it as anything other than politcs as usual that CA elected an entertainer (?) as governor. it's not the first time and name recognition will get you a lot of votes.

minx said:

name recognition will get you a lot

that was the thinking nikki sixx had when he suggested 'christmas' as the name for the band he was forming. vince said 'Mötley Crüe' and the rest is history.

rockband.gifrockband.gifrockband.gif

btw those dudes breed like irish on holiday. whats that doing to the gene pool?

AmberBuxom said:

minx said:

name recognition will get you a lot

that was the thinking nikki sixx had when he suggested 'christmas' as the name for the band he was forming. vince said 'Mötley Crüe' and the rest is history.

rockband.gifrockband.gifrockband.gif

btw those dudes breed like irish on holiday. whats that doing to the gene pool?

i've always thought that a little chlorine in the gene pool would be a good thing!

b-rock said:

dangerous precedent, seems like there's plenty of people in california all over the political spectrum with enough $ to throw at paid petition gatherers. this could happen every year or so down there. stupid californians....

Maybe next year they will try seceding from the nation... rolleyes.gif

“I’m horrified at the thought that Schwarzenegger can be our governor,” said Gretchen Purser, 25, of Berkeley, who voted against recall. “I’m sick of Republicans trying to take over the state.”

uh huh...................

Schwarzenegger must work with Democrats, who are a majority of both houses in the Legislature and hold all statewide offices except his newly won governorship.

from here

hahaha.gif

b-rock said:

dangerous precedent, seems like there's plenty of people in california all over the political spectrum with enough $ to throw at paid petition gatherers. this could happen every year or so down there. stupid californians....

You can have all the paid petition gatherers you want and not get the signatures needed. The petitions were tried on several occasions in the history of CA and this was the only time they got enough signatures to get on the ballot. The people were pissed off. Grey Davis did it to himself. Lied about the budget, tripled the car tax, signed legislation to give illegal aliens the right to get a drivers license, advocated free tuiton for illegal aliens amongst other things. People said enough is enough. He probably would not have survived the general election if the republicans had put up someone worthwhile. Many people I know voted for Davis while holding their nose. Many who voted for Grey Davis the first time around left when given someone else they thought was maybe going to be effective.

trask said:

Dan_Harris said:

Davis signed legislation to give illegal aliens the right to get a drivers license, advocated free tuiton for illegal aliens amongst other things.

Dan, what was the deal here? What was he thinking?

There was all kinds of rhetoric about how they are already here and at least we will know they can safely drive etc. etc. Also to get a license you need to have proof of insurence, so the thinking was illegal aliens would now be insured because they can get a license. We also have motor-voter registration in CA. Get a license, register to vote at the same time at the DMV, no one checks citizenship as far as I know. Not sure how all this will work. With tuition, the argument was they can improve their lives with education and money would not be a barrier. That really pissed off hard working folk trying to save for their kid's education. The funny thing is, the hispanic voting bloc, traditionally democratic, voted for the recall and Arnold even though they had Cruz Bustamonte on the ballot. I think people saw that Cruz was the same as Davis.