who went to NPS meeting last night on guiding?

marylou

• Replies 13
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

marylou said:

Beck said:

i spoke up for us dirtbags

Now I'm even more pleased with the fact that you don't consider me a climber. wave.gif

And WTF on this "dirtbag" thing? A lot of the people here lead pretty respectable, fairly normal lives, and are not ashamed of it. rolleyes.gif

The expression is not meant to be, nor is it, degrading. wazzup.gif It is an expression that has been used by many for many years. thumbs_up.gif It is often used in an affectionate manner. ooo.gif Get over the whole respectable thing. the_finger.gif

i didn't say 'dirtbag' in the meeting, dirtbags!

i spoke up well on individual climbers rights on the Rainier and attempted to dispel the untruths being stacked like cordwood by the guiding community camp. I also tempered it with an acnowledgement in the integral nature of guides and the park at Rainier-

if you weren't there, or didn't go to another one, you have very little to say on this topic...

marylou, i was speaking at a meeting, over myself because i was doing it for the group. you know, how contributions to a group as a whole tend to displace the self into the nature of the greater good?

or maybe you don't.

glad to see how a few of us were there!!!! Rodchester, Dkemp, and about a hundred fifty other climbers in the room, thanks for attending...stefan and sobo for going out there aways, good job.

rockband.gif on for freedom of the hills and the vertical environment, those that care enough to do something about it!

In my view, the question of whether Beck should serve as a self-appointed representative of the climbing community in meetings with the Leavenworth Ranger District or Mount Raininer park officials is a valid one. At the same time, yet another "Beck-Bash" does not add much to that discussion of the meeting to discuss guiding on Mount Rainier. I'm sorry if I offended anybody by moving their post to Spray.

Beck said:

marylou, i was speaking at a meeting, over myself because i was doing it for the group. you know, how contributions to a group as a whole tend to displace the self into the nature of the greater good?

or maybe you don't.

Beck, you obviously know nothing about me.

Now shut up.

straight out: whenever i witness someone talking and they begin a statement with plural first person 'we' i think whatever come out next is pure shit.

if beck is going to these meetings and saying 'i' thats our bitchin american culture at work. if he is saying 'we' i say stop it.