Limbaugh and racisim

Jim

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mothboy88 said:

Gaston_Lagaffe said:

What's a guy built like Rush doing commenting on sports anyway? confused.gif Think about it. If he would comment on climbing, would you take him seriously?

I think Limbaugh was a sports broadcaster before he got into the political realm.

Limbaugh worked for the Kansas City Royals before getting heavily into political commentary. I watched several episode of ESPN's show and his prior comments showed a good knowledge of the game and most of the time the other guys agreed.

I was in Canada for a few days, so just getting caught up. This thread is stupid. The comment on its face does not constitute racism.

Limbaugh is, I agree, a big fat idiot, and perhaps he is a racist. However I reject the idea that in the US anyone who makes any statement about color and politics or opinion is a racist. That only leads to more lack of communication, and brooding resentment. Relax, it's the 21st century, and regardless of what people say, we've come a Hell of a long way in 50 years. The Limbaugh generation will be dead in 30 more years, anyway.

Dan_Harris said:

Limbaugh worked for the Kansas City Royals before getting heavily into political commentary. I watched several episode of ESPN's show and his prior comments showed a good knowledge of the game and most of the time the other guys agreed.

and this has what to do with his asinine comments about a football player?

Dan_Harris said:

mothboy88 said:

Gaston_Lagaffe said:

What's a guy built like Rush doing commenting on sports anyway? confused.gif Think about it. If he would comment on climbing, would you take him seriously?

I think Limbaugh was a sports broadcaster before he got into the political realm.

that...

AmberBuxom said:

Dan_Harris said:

and this has what to do with his asinine comments about a football player?

Just responing to the comment about being a sports broadcaster before political commentary. I was showing his connection to sports. He worked in the front office for the Royals.

First I do listen to Rush occasionally. I agree with some stuff he says and disagree with some. I listen to get another perpective on issues. That being said, if he is racist, why are the two substitue hosts he use most often black? They are Thomas Sowell and Walter Williams. I find Williams very grating and wish he wasn't on, does that make me racist? Rush also can't say enough good stuff about Condoleeza Rice. Is it all window dressing? Spray on! grin.gif

Dan_Harris said:

if he is racist, why are the two substitue hosts he use most often black? They are Thomas Sowell and Walter Williams. I find Williams very grating and wish he wasn't on, does that make me racist? Rush also can't say enough good stuff about Condoleeza Rice. Is it all window dressing? Spray on! grin.gif

i think the shit limbaugh does like playing the theme from the tv show 'the jeffersons' whenever he mentions senator moseley braun on his radio show is more indictative of his stupidass bigot attitude. ya. the monkey sounds arent too cool either.

RobBob said:

I was in Canada for a few days, so just getting caught up. This thread is stupid. The comment on its face does not constitute racism.

Limbaugh is, I agree, a big fat idiot, and perhaps he is a racist. However I reject the idea that in the US anyone who makes any statement about color and politics or opinion is a racist. That only leads to more lack of communication, and brooding resentment. Relax, it's the 21st century, and regardless of what people say, we've come a Hell of a long way in 50 years. The Limbaugh generation will be dead in 30 more years, anyway.

thumbs_up.gif

rr666 said:

AmberBuxom said:

dig the tie rush is wearing. must have lost a bet.

Rush makes BIG bucks selling his own tie line. For the most part, everyone of them that I have seen is ugly beyond belief.

Beauty is indeed in the eye of the beholder. I have one Rush tie that was given to me as a gift. I think it is nice looking. It is bright and loud. With it I find out how close minded many libs are. Most people who see it say, "Nice tie, where did you get it?" When I show them the label they turn up there noses and now it is aweful. yellaf.gif Incredible. I do not care for Jerry Garcia, but I do like his ties.

robertjoy said:

If I said that Jerry Garcia was overrated as a musician because of his status as a cultural icon, would that make me un-hip? rockband.gif

merely uninformed. he was pretty dam good before cocaine messed him up and coma screwed him further (he had to relearn how to play). but his greatest contribution imho was not his musicianship but his generosity and his ability to swerve the groove at live shows.