Dave_Schuldt

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

snoboy said:

Sphinx said:

mr.radon said:

First the jerk in the van tried to run them off the road as he passed. In other words squeezed them between the guard rail and his car. You ever been on the Ridge road in RMNP? Nice drop off.

Second the jerk's wife threw the contents of her soda drink on several of the riders as they pulled this wonderful maneuver.

You're a dick. Yeah, the van driver was an asshole. But all he fucking did was honk. Like that's a crime. rolleyes.gif Take his plate number and report him. Assault or damage to a vehicle is not justified in a case like this. You self-righteous dicks make me sick. madgo_ron.gifthe_finger.gif

Who's the dick??? Try reading that again, you seem to be having trouble comprehending it. The bold part is what I am referring to.

mr.radon said:

As an avid cyclist to cross train I find that a U-lock is a wonderful tool to get even with ass wipe drivers.

In another state, CO, a couple of cyclists were honked at by an irate out-of-stater in Rocky Mountin National Park. He passed them but didn't know the cyclist would catch up on the flip side of the pass. As he soon found out his van could be dented by pumps and such. He pulled over, was beaten up in front of his kids and wife as the cyclist continued on.

Just this Tuesday a biking buddy got rear ended by a car at the arburitum. At least she had the good will to drive him to a bike shop and pay for all his repairs on the spot, which included a new helmet. Too bad this state doesn't have more bike paths or wider lanes.

Radon's story seems to be a-changing. What's correct? Dick. the_finger.gif

Sphinx said:

Radon's story seems to be a-changing. What's correct? Dick. the_finger.gif

I'll reply to this. Alright, I didn't give every detail in the first post. I did a follow up post. I worked for a company in Boulder where nearly everyone was a fitness nut. We would do the "Ride the Rockies" every year, along with many other events. A few of us would train in RMNP.

I'll have to search the Rocky Mountain News archives. I remeber they did an article on this incident. I also think a police report was filed. My co-worker was never charged. He's a real stand up guy, which surprised us that he was involved.

"After running Smith off the road, the driver stopped, chased him down on foot and struck him with a hatchet, sending him into a ditch and over the handlebars of his wrecked bike. Marvin Glenn Manring of Orange County pleaded guilty in July 2001 to assault with a deadly weapon. He promised to enroll in an anger management program."

Sounds like he didn't even have to do any prison time. If I were the judge, I would have given him ten years.

catbirdseat said:

"After running Smith off the road, the driver stopped, chased him down on foot and struck him with a hatchet, sending him into a ditch and over the handlebars of his wrecked bike. Marvin Glenn Manring of Orange County pleaded guilty in July 2001 to assault with a deadly weapon. He promised to enroll in an anger management program."

yelrotflmao.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

erik said:

that story is dumb from both perspectives. um morning radio shock jock. what do you think his job is? what a bunch of whiners.

get on with your bad selves. don't cry about it, do something about it.

It sounds like the pissed-off cyclists were doing something about it. They asked the radio station to apologize and to run bike awareness spots or somesuch. Since the station manager was unaware of the state laws that permit bicycles on roads, obviously there is some education to be done.

lI1|1! said:

Washington State needs to pass a law against using a cell phone while driving. New York State has already passed such a law.

I don't know if it's changed, but a law went into effect when I was there. It didn't prohibit using a cell phone while driving, but it did require you to use a headset. In other words, you can no longer hold the phone up to your head. Not a solution but a step in the right direction.

erik said:

that story is dumb from both perspectives. um morning radio shock jock. what do you think his job is? what a bunch of whiners.

get on with your bad selves. don't cry about it, do something about it.

Like someone pointed out, the cyclists did do something about it. But it also seems that this station crossed the line, even for a shock jock. encouraging physical harm against cyclists should be punishible by spending time in a federal "pound me in the ass" prison...

there must be some confusion out there because this morning on the BG there was a cop standing in the crosswalk stopping the cars and waving the bikes through.

That's so the bikes get going faster for the BG speedtrap further up the trail. It is a bit annoying to get a ticket on the BG. Seems like there are bigger fish for the police to fry. Certainly, irresponsible pedestrians and bikes and bladers have caused many an accident on the BG, but probably not as many as on the roads.