• Announcements

• olyclimber

WELCOME TO THE CASCADECLIMBERS.COM FORUMS   02/03/18

We have upgraded to new forum software as of late last year, and it makes everything here so much better!  It is now much easier to do pretty much anything, including write Trip Reports, sell gear, schedule climbing related events, and more. There is a new reputation system that allows for positive contributors to be recognized,  it is possible to tag content with identifiers, drag and drop in images, and it is much easier to embed multimedia content from Youtube, Vimeo, and more.  In all, the site is much more user friendly, bug free, and feature rich!   Whether you're a new user or a grizzled cascadeclimbers.com veteran, we think you'll love the new forums. Enjoy!
Sign in to follow this  
snoboy

Fukin A!

From a telemark tips discussion about a recent brouhaha where someone else called someone a "jerk" blush.gifblush.gifcantfocus.gif

If it's any help, frankly you guys are old ladies compared to the riffraff of more aggressive forums, like say CascadeClimbers.com

CascadeClimbers's Spray forum is riddled with the most spiteful, angriest and vile posts I have ever read. It is truly a work of art.

The nice thing about the Internet is you can disengaged when you wish. If you don't like what someone is saying, don't read it.

Outside of the RSA debacle, the most egregious issue on an outdoor forum would be the death threats the owners of CascadeClimbers have received:

http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/threadz/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=234696&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

Jeff

I had a look at that cascade climber site and, at the risk of being called an 'old lady', I definitely do not want us to go there. The web is full of places like that, the virtual equivalent of a knife fight in a bar full of angry dolts. Not my kind of place either.

yelrotflmao.gifthumbs_up.gifyelrotflmao.gifthumbs_up.gif

snoboy said:

From a telemark tips discussion about a recent brouhaha where someone else called someone a "jerk" blush.gifblush.gifcantfocus.gif

If it's any help, frankly you guys are old ladies compared to the riffraff of more aggressive forums, like say CascadeClimbers.com

CascadeClimbers's Spray forum is riddled with the most spiteful, angriest and vile posts I have ever read. It is truly a work of art.

The nice thing about the Internet is you can disengaged when you wish. If you don't like what someone is saying, don't read it.

Outside of the RSA debacle, the most egregious issue on an outdoor forum would be the death threats the owners of CascadeClimbers have received:

http://www.cascadeclimbers.com/threadz/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=UBB1&Number=234696&page=&view=&sb=5&o=&fpart=1&vc=1

Jeff

I had a look at that cascade climber site and, at the risk of being called an 'old lady', I definitely do not want us to go there. The web is full of places like that, the virtual equivalent of a knife fight in a bar full of angry dolts. Not my kind of place either.

yelrotflmao.gifthumbs_up.gifyelrotflmao.gifthumbs_up.gif

It appears that our work here is done. the_finger.gif

AlpineK said:

Skiing rules.

riiight. rolleyes.gif

another fucking olympic sanctioned sport. dance for the man mother fucker. the_finger.gif

lummox said:

AlpineK said:

Skiing rules.

riiight. rolleyes.gif

another fucking olympic sanctioned sport. dance for the man mother fucker. the_finger.gif

yellaf.gif

is climbing any better then? fuckin X-games? pshaw! rolleyes.gif

Snowboy, you're a big troublemaker! wazzup.gif

IME, the tipsters can be every bit as vile and pernicious as alla you badboy CC.commies. Their posts just get deleted. Here tho’, thx to our hosts, we may revel in our assholynesses. They live under threat of death that we may Spray.

bigdrink.gif

nonanon said:

IME, the tipsters can be every bit as vile and pernicious as alla you badboy CC.commies.

Pernicious? rolleyes.gif Try: FUCK OFF, YOU FUCKING FUCK with your prettyboy moderators

p.s.? and keep telling your drop-kneein' split-boardin' boytoys that you are really, truly baddies the_finger.gif

nonanon said:

Snowboy, you're a big troublemaker! wazzup.gif

IME, the tipsters can be every bit as vile and pernicious as alla you badboy CC.commies. Their posts just get deleted. Here tho’, thx to our hosts, we may revel in our assholynesses. They live under threat of death that we may Spray.

bigdrink.gif

dude you sound like frasier or niles. rolleyes.gif yep... badass smirk.gif

Jon seemed to wear a bit of a cross last pclub. I wouldnt want to be the Kindergaten playground keeper here.

bigdrink.gif To the cause -long live spray.

Hey, let's all plan a synchronized invasion of tt.com. Certainly they can't delete that many posts at once, hehe. yelrotflmao.gifthe_finger.gifyelrotflmao.gifthe_finger.gif

MisterE said:

Pernicious? rolleyes.gif Try: FUCK OFF, YOU FUCKING FUCK with your prettyboy moderators

Hey, if it was good enough for Zappa, I'll steal it! the_finger.gif

lummox said:

AlpineK said:

Skiing rules.

riiight. rolleyes.gif

I'm not talking about skiing at a ski area, and especially not running gates. the_finger.gif or jibbing the_finger.gifthe_finger.gif

babnik said:

ok where are ya goin? or where are you now?

none of yer fucking business turd burgler...but yer avatar is o.k.

I posted a link to this page over there. It got yanked in literally two minutes. I think I'll post it again.

fshrgrl said:

babnik said:

ok where are ya goin? or where are you now?

none of yer fucking business turd burgler...

sawry shiat! thought mabe you were going someplace cool or something. you are going to canada aren't you? well i would e pissed to cause this country sucks donkey dick. it is taking me 21 business days to get my check cashed. when you consider canadain banks average 2.5 days open a week, its gonna be a long time before i have any $$$. madgo_ron.gifsmirk.gif

Sphinx said:

I posted a link to this page over there. It got yanked in literally two minutes. I think I'll post it again.

thumbs_up.gifyelrotflmao.gif Nice one!

Sphinx said:

make 'em scream like a little bith. thumbs_up.gif