on warning gapers

gregm

i know this was discussed a little while back but i can't find the thread now.

The Vail daily is reporting that an Avon Colorado backcountry skier was badly beaten by four snowboarders east of Vail Mountain last week and he is looking for witnesses to the attack. The unidentified 27 year old man and a friend spotted the group heading out to the East Vail Chutes. The man told police he warned them that the chutes were slide prone and they weren't carrying shovels probes and beacons. The Vail Daily reports that instead of thanking him, one of the boarders tackled the man and began to beat him. Eventually all four joined in the attack. The Eagle County Sherriff's office says that the snowboarders beat the man with "their hands, feet and his own ski pole." The skier received serious injuries to his head and an eye but is expected to recover, though his injuries were serious enough that authorities are saying the boarders could be charged with felony assault if caught.

the whole article

btw i'm not making any generalizations on boarders here.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by gregm:

btw i'm not making any generalizations on boarders here.

Well, now Greg, I'm not so sure. Four snowboarders did this? Four? Once is a mistake, twice is a pattern. But four? I think it's a conspiracy. Instead of warning these guys, maybe he should have dug a test pit above them!