Pigs in Yosemite?

texplorer

I was thinking of heading to Yosemite this summer and taking a pig with me. I know people have said there are signs posting no dogs in the back country but have heard nothing about pigs. I also know that Yo can get hot in summer. Does anyone know any good place to tie up a say 400lb pig in the shade at the base of the Rostrum. Actually knowledge of any mud pits in the area would be helpful too.

I have also heard there are coyotes at tuolumme and you know oinks can attract those guys. I was just wondering what any of you did to keep the varmits at bay when you went traveling with your pig to natl parks.

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

quote:

Originally posted by willstrickland:
In the Oregonian today:

Man sentenced for calling police officer a "pig". A man was sentenced to spend two hours in a pen-enclosure with a 350lb pig for calling a law enforcement officer a pig.

What happened to freedom of speech?

I believe this case would easily fit in the definition of defamation.While calling cops in general pigs would be okay, calling one particular cop a pig is considered defamatory.

For more info:http://www.dancingwithlawyers.com/freeinfo/libel.shtml

"look at that a cow trying to look like a pig riding a horse!!""

comment maker was subdued by park officers with a gentle spray of their mace and an 'accidental' boot to the head and removed from public view....we never saw him again.....

horror stories from the valley part 61