Kid's ropeup.

Bug

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

David_Parker said:

Anyone know a really good place that has multiple top ropes close together?

ROTO WALL (5.3-5.8)

Mad Meadows PLAYGROUND POINT/ARNICA GLEN (5.4- 5.9)

X/Y Cracks (5.5 -5.10)

LARGE slabby boulders to the right (east) of Alphabet rock/z-crack- tr'able (mounties set up here)

Large boulder uproad (west) from Bolt rock- couple tr's

MOUNTIES DOME

rockband.gif have fun kiddz

DP,

Good question.

There is only ONE camp site at Chatter Creek. snaf.gif That campsite is a Group Site. For some silly reason it is called Camp Site #1 (number one). this is very funny to me as there IS only one campsite so why do you have to number it? confused.gif

We are dealing with Goverment types here tho..... smirk.gif

It is reserved for us. Here are the details.

------------------------

Reservation # 1-2556688 State: WASHINGTON

Reserved for: MARK STROM Nat'l Forest/Lake:

Client # 1-1766742 Facility: CHATTER CREEK GROUP SITE

# of People: 25 to a Max of 45 Site 001//

# of Vehicles 12 Site type GRP STANDARD SINGLE

Equipment:

Arrival date: Fri Sep 05 2003 Depart date: Sun Sep 07 2003

Check in time: 3:00 pm Check out: 2:00 pm

----------------------

Reservation # is needed when we first take over the site on Friday night. We can do this any time after 3pm.

I will not be able to be there until about 6 - 6:30, earliest. If you or others can beat me there let me know.

Regardless, take this reservation number with you in case "the Tool" asks for it.

As far as any other planning goes I will try to talk with you and Bug later tonight or Thursday.

now I just have to find where i misplaced your phone number.......

rolleyes.gif

-hw

We have the group site. See the pictures in the gallery in WA state under BUG. The reservation Check-in is at 3pm on Friday the 5th. Check-out is 2pm Sunday.

The reservation Confirmation # is 1-2556688. We need that number so whomever looks to get there first will need it. See you there.

wave.gif

leejams said:

Wondering where bouts everyone will be on Sat? That really sucks about no fires as I thought that would be the highlight . Any and all beta on a first camp-out trip is welcome.

If your kids are like mine- little- they will like lots of sugar and very few rules. Cereal variety packs and hot chocolate are key for breakfast and many other times. Bacon is usually a hit as we never eat it otherwise and it sneaks some long lasting protien into their arteries. A tent to separate them from reality is nice. I bring a minimum of two sleeping bags per kid. The tent will resist being filled to the top but that is what my kids enjoy. Light sticks are goog for kids who are afraid of the dark. I will have a few extra just in case ($1). Bring one lunch of nutritional value that they are used to. Ham sandwhiches are good for my kids. It keeps the sugar a little balanced. Expect mud, dirt, dust and pitch. Extra clothes are nice. Something they don't usually get at home helps get them out the door next time. My girls like the general absence of rules and cleanliness that my norwegian wife likes to impose. Anything goes, as long as it's safe/legal.

fruit.giffruit.gif

bigdrink.gif.

right on Bug !!!!!!!

I agree with all said.

no rules (and kids.....don't come bother me unless somebody is bleeding to death.... snaf.gifshocked.gif)

I am bringing pancake mix and will try to flip up a pile or two if your urchins like that stuff Geek_em8.gif

kinda bummed about the no fire rule cry.gif- but at least we aren't smoked out (like those cwazy canudians yellaf.gif)

but... hey, I gots lots of white gas thumbs_up.gif

see ya in a few hours.

-hw

leejams said:

Thanks that is all good info. haha Just asked Tyler if he wanted to go swimming in the river. "yeah, but I don't want the sharks to get my finger's" wazzup.gifwazzup.gif

We have our own shark patrol. Meredith (5) always asks if this is salt water before she will even get a toe wet.

One more thing. Bring pile clothes if you have them for the kids. They make good pajamas.

What a disappointment. At 360, 5'9" and 44 years old, I was the youngest and in the best shape of all the dads there. Needless to say, all we did was sit around sloshing beers and chestbeat about how good we used to be. Once in awhile we had to throw a kid a marshmallow but for the most part, the Cosco box of fruitloops kept them happy. I tried to call CPS but I couldn't get cell service up Icicle canyon. Go figure, at least half these guys have called in helicopters to the Enchanments when their GPS failed but I can't raise a Wentchee detective in a real emergency.

Oh well. Maybe next year will be better.

fruit.giffruit.gifrockband.gif

Sweet trip! It was good to meet all you guys. In attendance were Bug and his two girls, Dave Parker and his son, ChucK and his two kids, Leejams with the kids and the biggest, and well tempered, Malamute I have ever seen, Silent Dave, AKA Dave the Chisler, 11worth Dave, Drop 'em and Chop 'em Dave, I'm not a sport climber I just play one on TV Dave, or just plain Dave the Bailer and his twin climbing phenoms, Dave's friend Shawn and someone else's kid, and winner of the largest climbing family award, Hilweasel weighing in with eight kids and a girlfriend! smileysex5.gif

Guest appearances by Viktor Kramer, who officiated the first annual Viktor Kramer Death Head Toss, Cleveland Ron a notorious local crag head, Jay the stoned local who came stumbling through the woods on his way to who knows where, and Larry the Tool, who upon discovering that we were the group from CC.com, doubled our fines for having vehicles and gave us citations for not having the kids on leashes. cry.gif

The psychic award goes to ChucK for finding us midday Sat. at a crag that isn't even on the map with no indication from us where we went, and the award for the Best Next Step in Life Idea goes to Shawn who is going to retire (at 38 or so) and become a ski and climbing guide thumbs_up.gif

Dave Parker came through with the gas grill and ribs were enjoyed by all and he bravely lead all the 5.3 cracks so that we could set top ropes for the kids, Bug scored large with the kids by bringing a whole bunch of glow sticks and sugared cereal (I drank so much beer that at one point I thought I was at a midget Rave party) cantfocus.gif

Many thanks to Hilweasel for getting the ball rolling and just reserving the site and to Dave, I'm not a slave to fashion, the guy who reads but doesn't post, for hooking us with the killer local beta and setting us up on some sweet crags (and keeping me in stitches) bigdrink.gif

Quote of the trip: "Your yacht will only go so fast and you can only drink so much scotch..." DB

wink.gifwave.gifyellaf.gifcool.gifcheeburga_ron.gifmushsmile.gifyelrotflmao.gifyellowsleep.gif

babnik said:

good job guys! it is so good to see kids out there learning the proper way to do things. thumbs_up.gifbigdrink.gif

Yeah. They learned a lot of new words too. Kindergarten should be real interesting this morning. I think that was little larvea's first kid conversation about sex. It took place under the troll bridge apparently. She had all kinds of questions hahaha.gif