Spread the word

allthumbs

Ronald Reagan was the last national figure who was at least somewhat successful in articulating a conservative message. Our problem, IMO, is one of communication. Unfortunately, I don't see anyone on the national radar screen currently in politics who can do it. Right now, the Democratic Party is in serious trouble. That's the only thing that the Republican Party has going for it today. I don't worry so much about 2004 as I do 2008. The Republican Party had damn well better start articulating a message and look for someone who can get it across to the public. Believe me, if you thought the first Clinton presidency was fun, Clinton II will be a real treat.

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Although I'm fairly left-leaning on some issues, I usually agree with true conservatives on many issues as well. But as trask said, there are no real conservatives on the political stage right now. Ironically, when it comes to fiscal issues, Howard Dean is historically more conservative than GWB. yellaf.gif And it's usually the conservatives protecting the freedoms I cherish, but not this administration. thumbs_down.gif

We have resolved for our time a great debate over the role of government. Today we can declare: government is not the problem, and government is not the solution. We, the American people, we are the solution... We need a new government for a new century, a government humble enough not to try to solve all our problems for us but strong enough to give us the tools to solve the problems for ourselves, a government that is smaller, lives within its means and does more with less. Yet where it can stand up for our values and interests around the world, and where it can give Americans the power to make a real difference in their everyday lives, government should do more, not less.

bigdrink.gif

William Jefferson Clinton, from his second Inaugural Address said:

We have resolved for our time a great debate over the role of government. Today we can declare: government is not the problem, and government is not the solution. We, the American people, we are the solution... We need a new government for a new century, a government humble enough not to try to solve all our problems for us but strong enough to give us the tools to solve the problems for ourselves, a government that is smaller, lives within its means and does more with less. Yet where it can stand up for our values and interests around the world, and where it can give Americans the power to make a real difference in their everyday lives, government should do more, not less.

bigdrink.gif

Just happy that me, trask and WJC are all in the same boat!

hahaha.gif

hahaha.gif

Hurry someone, anyone sink the damn boat. boxing_smiley.gif

The only reason Ronald Reagan could articulate the Republican agenda was cause he was an actor. I guess you'll have to wait until Arnold is ready to run for president. I still can't get over the fact that a puppet was elected president. cantfocus.gif

ken4ord said:

hahaha.gif

Hurry someone, anyone sink the damn boat. boxing_smiley.gif

The only reason Ronald Reagan could articulate the Republican agenda was cause he was an actor. I guess you'll have to wait until Arnold is ready to run for president. I still can't get over the fact that a puppet was elected president. cantfocus.gif

Arnold can't run for president - he was born in a foreign land.

Matt said:

William Jefferson Clinton, from his second Inaugural Address said:

bigdrink.gif

hahaha.gif

Nice one Matt! yellaf.gifbigdrink.gif