For all you Suit and Tie Guy...

Necronomicon

...office fucks, with your Movado watches and SUVs:

You gotta be crazy, you gotta have a real need.

You gotta sleep on your toes, and when you're on the street,

You gotta be able to pick out the easy meat with your eyes closed.

And then moving in silently, down wind and out of sight,

You gotta strike when the moment is right without thinking.

And after a while, you can work on points for style.

Like the club tie, and the firm handshake,

A certain look in the eye and an easy smile.

You have to be trusted by the people that you lie to,

So that when they turn their backs on you,

You'll get the chance to put the knife in.

You gotta keep one eye looking over your shoulder.

You know it's going to get harder, and harder, and harder as you

get older.

And in the end you'll pack up and fly down south,

Hide your head in the sand,

Just another sad old man,

All alone and dying of cancer.

And when you loose control, you'll reap the harvest you have sown.

And as the fear grows, the bad blood slows and turns to stone.

And it's too late to lose the weight you used to need to throw

around.

So have a good drown, as you go down, all alone,

Dragged down by the stone.

I gotta admit that I'm a little bit confused.

Sometimes it seems to me as if I'm just being used.

Gotta stay awake, gotta try and shake off this creeping malaise.

If I don't stand my own ground, how can I find my way out of this

maze?

Deaf, dumb, and blind, you just keep on pretending

That everyone's expendable and no-one has a real friend.

And it seems to you the thing to do would be to isolate the winner

And everything's done under the sun,

And you believe at heart, everyone's a killer.

Who was born in a house full of pain.

Who was trained not to spit in the fan.

Who was told what to do by the man.

Who was broken by trained personnel.

Who was fitted with collar and chain.

Who was given a seat in the stand.

Who was breaking away from the pack.

Who was only a stranger at home.

Who was ground down in the end.

Who was found dead on the phone.

Who was dragged down by the stone.

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying to get a visual with that....are you grabbing your crotch and waving your hands menacingly like a drug -addled rap artist while you chant this? Yo Yo Yo.

Actually, the words are very good, except the the crotch grabbing part. yo yo

Now about your name..is that implying sex with dead people, if so - may I suggest you trade up to a sheep-like moniker as it would be less disgusting to think about?

Regards;

Bill

billcoe said:

...Actually, the words are very good...

The reason the words are very good is that someone else wrote them! Give credit where credit is due Necro! That is, to Pink Floyd, from "Dogs" off the Animals album, ca 1977.

Just happen to have it in my CD player here at work at my "suit and tie" job... rolleyes.gif

I don't ever wear a suit and tie at my job, but it is an engineering job, so jeans, Dockers, and polo shirts are the order of the day. The "suit and tie" comment was just cuz everybody expects that an engineer wears a monkey suit like that. I've never worked a job wear you have to wear a suit/tie, and never will.

Last time I wore a suit and tie was to my 25th HS class reunion just last week. Before that, six months ago when my wife and I got our baby boy from Vietnam. Before that, it's been so long I can't remember.

sobo said:

billcoe said:

The reason the words are very good is that someone else wrote them! Give credit where credit is due Necro! That is, to Pink Floyd, from "Dogs" off the Animals album, ca 1977.

I feel very sorry for the person that needs to be told that these are Pink Floyd lyrics.

Necronomicon said:

sobo said:

billcoe said:

I feel very sorry for the person that needs to be told that these are Pink Floyd lyrics.

Mebbe some people jus' don't know. And they deserve to know.

Jus' so ya know, the closing lines of "Dogs" is playing right now. thumbs_up.gif

Necronomicon said:

After many hundreds of great PF lyrics...

"Who was given a seat in the stand."

followed by several more dozen great PF lyrics

I just noticed that my CD replaces the line above with:

"Who was given a pat on the back."

Musta been wunuvthoze improvisational recording sessions... cantfocus.gif

E-rock said:

billcoe, you are truly out of the loop.

The Necronomicon ExMortis is the "The Book of the Dead" from the classic zombie trilogy "Evil Dead" "Evil Dead 2 (the best of the three)" and "Army of Darkness". Get cultured, yo.

E-Cockknock, you are truly out of the loop. Read a book. Yo.

The Necronomicon is the book of the Elder Gods written by the mad Arab Abdul al-Hazred, who was later eaten alive by invisible demons in the marketplace at Alexandria. It was invented as a fake book to add verisimilitude to his horror stories by American writer H.P.Lovecraft in the 1930's. Modern horror writers have been paying homage to Lovecraft by referencing it ever since - the scriptwriters for evil dead etc included in this latter crew.

So many horror geeks believed it was a real book, and would go into used bookstores looking for a copy, that in the 1970's someone actually WROTE a version and had it printed. If you were trying to get out of Satanism for something cooler and more Goth maybe you bought a copy. the_finger.gifthe_finger.gifthe_finger.gifboxing_smiley.gif

Define "polo shirt" please.

Are you talking about the brand name Polo by Ralph Loren (if so, I would agree with you), or are you talking about the generic two/three button, short sleeve, collared, cotton or silk casual shirt (which in that case, I would disagree with you)?

Discuss

Dru said:

I would much rather wear a suit and tie than a fucking polo shirt. POlo shirts are the suckest fashion item invented. Yuppie trash wear em. If you wear a polo shirt you are THE ENEMY madgo_ron.gifboxing_smiley.gif

Rich, from some one who wears tights and A5 flip flops... hahaha.gif

sobo said:

Define "polo shirt" please.

Are you talking about the brand name Polo by Ralph Loren (if so, I would agree with you), or are you talking about the generic two/three button, short sleeve, collared, cotton or silk casual shirt (which in that case, I would disagree with you)?

Discuss

i'm talking about a short sleeve shirt with a little collar and two or three buttons on it also known as golf shirt, polo shirt, or totally suck, and aspired to be worn by middle management dweebs, economists on casual day, middle aged men, and other losers whose wives dress them so as to send a signal to single woman that "this man is taken"

the rubgy shirt is a close cousin of this apparel item but usually at least comes in bold stripy colors or has some mark of distinction... and doesnt have the little polo or alligator or whatever logo....

yellaf.gif

these shirts are to the upper body what hahaha.gif the tasseled loafer is to the feet

Then I must confess, I disagree with you. I wear polo/golf shirts to work most every day, and would much rather do so than be forced to dress up in a monkey suit like some lawyer type every day. To each his own.

Besides, if I had to wear a suit every day, people would get tired of seeing me in the same goddamn suit all the time, as I only have one, and don't see the need for acquiring any more any time soon. If it still fits when I'm dead, then they can bury me in it. yellaf.gif

ya there's a difference between a department store bought, itchy, ill fitting, ugly brown suit (or worse, sport jacket and slacks), and a TAILORED SUIT.

i don't like ties either but i can deal.... cause i never have to wear a suit...

my dress codes is steel toed caulk boots, a cruiser vest, bear spray, flares and a hard hat

Well, as an n-gin-ear, I have to deal with "mildly conservative" people on a day-in, day-out basis (clients, politicians, contractors, etc.). Polo shirts work well cuz they're casual; not a T-shirt with tobacco spittle down the front, yet not a dress shirt from Nordie's either. It hits a middle road that everyone feels comfortable with, least of which is me.

The one suit I do have is hand-tailored, so when I do wear it, it looks great. Every suit I've ever owned since leaving high school has been hand-tailored, but there's only been three. I'm too fat to fit in the first two, so they went the way of Goodwill a while back.

My average week wardrobe consists of a silk "polo shirt", although mine are a full button-down front (does that still qualify as a polo shirt?), long or short sleeve dependent upon the weather, Levi's blue jeans (501s button fly, of course), and summer style leather hiking boots (full shank, of course). Add a Gore-Tex shell for inclement winter weather outdoors, and I'm set. I don't think any of that's gay. wave.gif

if its buttoned all the way down i dunno if it qualifies as a polo shirt....

but hey if you wanna look like your wife or your mama dressed you go for it. tongue.gif

and wearing HIKING BOOTS TO WORK is a serious blunder unless you walk anywhere, but at least its not tasseled loafers yellaf.gif