Good peeps, good times...

RuMR

snaf.gifsnaf.gifsnaf.gif

JoshK said:

Dru said:

blush.gif oh I thought this was smartass JoshK we were discussing. sorry josh. nice to hear you OK thumbs_up.gif

no sorry to joshk boxing_smiley.gif punk ass beyotch! wave.gif

Wow, the concept of Dru calling somebody else a smartass, that's classic. hahaha.gifcantfocus.gif

now now lets not spray all over someone elses nice spray thread! yellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifboxing_smiley.gif

you stiull sending daisy saucy PM's? yellaf.gif

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Greg_W said:

JoshK said:

Dru said:

blush.gif oh I thought this was smartass JoshK we were discussing. sorry josh. nice to hear you OK thumbs_up.gif

Wow, the concept of Dru calling somebody else a smartass, that's classic. hahaha.gifcantfocus.gif

Yeah, about as strange as you saying something intelligent. confused.gifmadgo_ron.gifthe_finger.gif

Greg, your witty barbs never cease to destroy my feelings of self worth. cry.gifcry.gifcry.gif

Dru said:

snaf.gifsnaf.gifsnaf.gif

JoshK said:

Dru said:

now now lets not spray all over someone elses nice spray thread! yellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifyellaf.gifboxing_smiley.gif

The whole Daisy thing went on before I ever even starting posting on this board. the_finger.gif

Get laid, Dru. It might make you feel better. smileysex5.gif

JoshK said:

Greg_W said:

JoshK said:

Dru said:

Yeah, about as strange as you saying something intelligent. confused.gifmadgo_ron.gifthe_finger.gif

Greg, your witty barbs never cease to destroy my feelings of self worth. cry.gifcry.gifcry.gif

"Self worth" comes from within, dick smoker; think about it.

JoshK said:

Dru said:

snaf.gifsnaf.gifsnaf.gif

JoshK said:

Dru said:

The whole Daisy thing went on before I ever even starting posting on this board. the_finger.gif

so how come there is a pm in daisy's inbox inviting her to go on a 3some with you and skisports?

i believe you mean the whole amber thing went on before your time... you might wanna read the "now that's good trolling" thread fruit.gif

Dru said:

JoshK said:

Dru said:

snaf.gifsnaf.gifsnaf.gif

JoshK said:

Dru said:

so how come there is a pm in daisy's inbox inviting her to go on a 3some with you and skisports?

i believe you mean the whole amber thing went on before your time... you might wanna read the "now that's good trolling" thread fruit.gif

Oh yeah, that was the amber thing. Which one was the daisy thing? I'm not responsible for skisports or what the hell he writes to the various female avatars on here. rolleyes.gif

This particular thing DOES happen quite a bit, and the obvious preventative measure is to tie a knot in the end of the rope. But for just about every scenario, we could think of a preventive measure. The real point, in my opinion, is that we need to pay attention and be especially mindful where we may be most comfortable and hence likely to overlook possible dangers.

Josh is right, of course, that this is spray. If he wants to carry on , he may. By doing so, he wouldn't be showing anybody anything except that he's an idiot, though.

iain said:

amazing how easy it is to run out of rope on a lower or rap like that. seems totally stupid and obvious at face value, but happens a lot in ANAM hellno3d.gif

Seems totally obvious to not run your car into a tree, building or sidewalk full of pedestrians, but you hear about that fairly often too.

mattp said:

This particular thing DOES happen quite a bit, and the obvious preventative measure is to tie a knot in the end of the rope. But for just about every scenario, we could think of a preventive measure. The real point, in my opinion, is that we need to pay attention and be especially mindful where we may be most comfortable and hence likely to overlook possible dangers.

Josh is right, of course, that this is spray. If he wants to carry on , he may. By doing so, he wouldn't be showing anybody anything except that he's an idiot, though.

First, I noticed that you spelled preventive using both accepted conventions. cool.gif

Second I would suggest that tieing a knot is an obvious preventative method (as opposed to the). Another good idea is to warn all users of your altered rope of the post-factory modifications in perpetuity (or at least until you abandon the rope).

Finally, I think that "carrying on" or showing people what an idiot you are, or whatever euphemism you choose to employ is the whole point of spray. bigdrink.gif

LONG before I started climbing I watched some one I know take I grounder while free soloing. He fell 30 feet give or take, landed on his back, BOUNCED... and was fine. But I am in no hurry to take up free soloing hellno3d.gifhellno3d.gifhellno3d.gifhellno3d.gifhellno3d.gifhellno3d.gifhellno3d.gifhellno3d.gifhellno3d.gif

Muffy, the whole point of your post is, like, totally lost on me.

much like your avatar picture chuck. mine, on the other hand, brillantly represents the idiom of the post 2001 anti-snaffleists, much as monet's waterlilies is a definitive work of the impressionist era.

Dru said:

when you go bouldering every fall is a ground fall

rolleyes.gifyou sissy roped climbers boxing_smiley.gif

YOU KNOW IT grin.gif I may sport climb from time to time ( OH THE HORROR!!!) But I don't BOULDER EVER tongue.gif okay, well maybe sometimes.... evils3d.gif but only if there is someone cute to catch me wink.gif

iain said:

Muffy, the whole point of your post is, like, totally lost on me.

much like your avatar picture chuck. mine, on the other hand, brillantly represents the idiom of the post 2001 anti-snaffleists, much as monet's waterlilies is a definitive work of the impressionist era.

You know Iain, when I first chose this avatar picture it was just sort of an impulse move, or perhaps a good-natured goof on cc.com's plunge into commercial sponsorship.

However, since then, it has occurred to me that I had serendipitously chosen an image communicating a bold, cynical commentary of the cc.com community.

Gaze upon the picture and note what it presents. The figure suggests a fit individual, clothed in an attractive modern technical garment, ready to ascend the latest PNW testpiece with vigor, yet with one glaringly obvious shortcoming. The climber has no head. hellno3d.gif

Stunning, shocking, brilliant. I amaze myself sometimes. hahaha.gif

chucK said:

You know Iain, when I first chose this avatar picture it was just sort of an impulse move, or perhaps a good-natured goof on cc.com's plunge into commercial sponsorship.

However, since then, it has occurred to me that I had serendipitously chosen an image communicating a bold, cynical commentary of the cc.com community.

Gaze upon the picture and note what it presents. The figure suggests a fit individual, clothed in an attractive modern technical garment, ready to ascend the latest PNW testpiece with vigor, yet with one glaringly obvious shortcoming. The climber has no head. hellno3d.gif

Stunning, shocking, brilliant. I amaze myself sometimes. hahaha.gif

rockband.gifhahaha.gifyellaf.gif

I thought it signified a "sprayshield" of some sort.

"Mr. Sulu, raise the shields!"

"Shields inoperative, Captain!"

"Scotty, WTF's happening down there?!"

"Ah dunno, Cap'n. The circuit's shot!"

"Try Auxilliary Power!"

"Aye!"

Sidebar commentary:

I've always wondered, how did this clown get to be Chief Engineer of what must be a multi-bazillion dollar machine if he couldn't take it upon his own initiative to try AP when the shit hits the fan? confused.gif

sobo said:

I thought it signified a "sprayshield" of some sort.

"Mr. Sulu, raise the shields!"

"Shields inoperative, Captain!"

"Scotty, WTF's happening down there?!"

"Ah dunno, Cap'n. The circuit's shot!"

"Try Auxilliary Power!"

"Aye!"

Sidebar commentary:

I've always wondered, how did this clown get to be Chief Engineer of what must be a multi-bazillion dollar machine if he couldn't take it upon his own initiative to try AP when the shit hits the fan? confused.gif

Affirmative action and liberal requirements for foreign students in the Space Academy. Duh.