gapertimmy

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

snoboy said:

cry.gif OWWWWWW! cry.gif

Saw that at the bike shop a few minutes ago.

So is Lance a cheater or what???

I think he took advantage there fer sure.

high speed accross a field in a road bike with 18mm tires is an advantage? Considering the fact that he lost time on that manouver, I wouldn't call it cheating.

From VeloNews

ONCE's Joseba Beloki crashed just four kilometers from the finish of the ninth stage of the Tour de France, breaking his right femur, wrist and elbow and forcing him out of the three-week race.

Four-time winner Lance Armstrong barely avoided going down in the same crash as he and Beloki were in hot pursuit of eventual stage winner Alexandre Vinokourov (Telekom) who had attacked on the day's final climb.

Tyler would ride with a broken femur you Eurobeyotch!

Lance Armstrong's improvised cross country manoeuvre to avoid the fallen Joseba Beloki in today's stage 9 did not earn him a penalty from the race jury. Despite "not completing the entire course", Armstrong's cutting out of a section of road did not give him any advantage over his competitors.

"The regulations are clear," said jury president Martijn Swinkels. "If a competitor cheats, he is penalised. But in this case the reaction of Armstrong was completely unintentional. It is considered an exceptional circumstance."

www.cyclingnews.com

tdf2003-beloki-armstrong-33.jpg

Yeah, but he would have lost even more time if he had to "complete the entire course". In this case, his cutting the corner was certainly advantageous.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he should be disqualified, but he did cut the corner.

Go Lance.

Alpinfox said:

Yeah, but he would have lost even more time if he had to "complete the entire course". In this case, his cutting the corner was certainly advantageous.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think he should be disqualified, but he did cut the corner.

Go Lance.

obviously you have never cycled competively... serious disadvantage...

Fruity pink boy in front falls down, Lance veers off road to avoid him. Then:

Option A) Lance stops, gets off bike, carries bike back to spot where he went off road, gets on bike, starts pedaling, thereby "completing entire course"

Option B) Lance continues through field, gets back on road, starts pedaling, doesn't "complete entire course"

Option A takes a lot more time Mr. Walmart.

So you are a "competative cyclist"? Very impressive... So you probably wear those fruity tights and team jerseys and other obnoxious shit when you are pedaling on the Burke? I love passing those jackasses on my rusty, squeaky, piece of shit, Goodwill bike while wearing my flip-flops.

Go Lance!

Alpinfox said:

Fruity pink boy in front falls down, Lance veers off road to avoid him. Then:

Option A) Lance stops, gets off bike, carries bike back to spot where he went off road, gets on bike, starts pedaling, thereby "completing entire course"

Option B) Lance continues through field, gets back on road, starts pedaling, doesn't "complete entire course"

Option A takes a lot more time Mr. Walmart.

So you are a "competative cyclist"? Very impressive... So you probably wear those fruity tights and team jerseys and other obnoxious shit when you are pedaling on the Burke? I love passing those jackasses on my rusty, squeaky, piece of shit, Goodwill bike while wearing my flip-flops.

Go Lance!

you ride on the burke and pass people? ther is a speed limit jack-ass... i cycle for my school the_finger.gif if'n ya wanna see how i spin, lemme know and we will hit up whidbey and see if you can spin as fast as you talk... rolleyes.gif

Agreed Figger8, this has been really exciting to watch. This will be the hardest for Lance for sure. Lucky for him some big names are either hurting or out all together.

Going off course at the speed he was at WAS a serious disadvantage. He was lucky he didn't crash in his descent, I guess the mountain bike racing paid off. There was no way he could have stopped at that speed I think, but what do I know. Clown on Beloki all you want, he is one of the best athletes in the world, as are most of the guys in the tour.

Figger_Eight said:

Alpinfox - you don't know what you're talking about. rolleyes.gif

So what is the rule regarding riders going out of bounds?

I think the race officials made the right decision by not disqualifying him because he didn't go out-of-bounds intentionally, but if the rules state that the rider must return in-bounds at the same place he went out-of-bounds, or if the rules state that the rider must "complete the entire course" or something like that, then a case could be made that Lance should be disqualified.

Whatever.

The rule of common sense says that Lance didn't do anything wrong.

Go Lance!

So what is the rule regarding riders going out of bounds?

They'll be penelized if they gained an advantage from the action.

From the Velonews site :

"Four-time champion Lance Armstrong avoided being fined or punished for his dramatic detour through a field to avoid crashing into fallen rival Joseba Beloki near the end of the Tour de France ninth stage Monday.

A race jury determined that Armstrong was deemed not to have benefited from his impromptu change of direction.

"Beloki's fall led Armstrong to take evasive action, leading him into a field which he left without gaining any advantage on the group of riders he had been with," said an organizers' statement. "

que the '87 John Tesh theme, break out the festina jersey, start braying about ___'s so fit and ___'s lungs are the size of a gorilla's and ____'s resting HR is (insert low number here) etc. etc. more braying about being on _____ cycling team and etc etc yep the tour's back.