Why do people LOVE America?

Bronco

I think most people love America because most Americans haven't lived anywhere else. They have been taught that it is the greatest place in the world to live and they believe it. They love their trailer parks and strip malls and believe it is heaven on earth.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

JGowans said:

Fence_Sitter said:

JGowans said:

JoshK said:

Hahah...yeah, right, I'm sure those people are really *happy* with being on welfare. It's a kick ass life style after all! Jeezus...wake up. rolleyes.gif

thumbs_up.gif Agreed. For a benchmark of superfluous welfare one need only look to Sweden, Holland, or most other EU nations except the UK. Actually if FS claims that the US welfare system is superfluous then the UK one is downright decadent!

because someone else spends more we should as well? tha makes a great deal of sense... rolleyes.gif

I did not claim that the US should spend more. Rather, I tried to provide substance to my counter argument that the US does NOT have a superfluous welfare system.

but it does... we spend much more than kenya rolleyes.gif

bird said:

I think most people love America because most Americans haven't lived anywhere else. They have been taught that it is the greatest place in the world to live and they believe it. They love their trailer parks and strip malls and believe it is heaven on earth.

OUCH! That hurts dude! I have a nice trailer too! rolleyes.gif It's kinda funny you feel that way, maybe I've traveled to the wrong places of the world cause every time I get home, the first thought is "it sure is nice to be back in the USA!"

Everyone feel free to catch a plane if you don't want to live here, you should be able to find happiness somewhere. wave.gif

Bronco said:every time I get home, the first thought is "it sure is nice to be back in the USA!"

I think that's just a function of wherever you grew up. Every time I head back to Scotland, I think it's great to be home. I'd guess that most of us pine for home wherever that may be.

bird said:

Friends that have lived overseas have been happy to return. Friends that have moved here from other countries don't want to leave. Think about it.

the fact a big 'ol beer gut is par for the course. the stars and stripes wrap nicely around manboobs and beer gut. quite slimming actually, despite the horizontal stripes. kindof demonstrates you are the genuine article of americana.

Greg_W said:

bird said:

Friends that have lived overseas have been happy to return. Friends that have moved here from other countries don't want to leave. Think about it.

Personally, I want to leave. How utterly shocking is that? I must be an anomaly in the stats.

JGowans said:

Greg_W said:

bird said:

Personally, I want to leave. How utterly shocking is that? I must be an anomaly in the stats.

So go. I will help you pack, seriously. I'd love to; if you're not happy here, I'd love to help you get to where you would be.

JGowans said:

Greg_W said:

bird said:

goodbye... wave.gif

Door's over there --->

JGowans said:

Greg_W said:

bird said:

"Don't let the door hit you....." wave.gif

iain said:

what, have you been to the south of france? it rocks! casual atmosphere, tropical weather, hotties everywhere, siestas, love it!

Yeah, Italy's got all that. But I still like north central Italy better. And some of the chicas shave their pits. thumbs_up.gif

RuMR said:

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

Calanques! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

Marseilles is a fucking ghetto town...good climbing though

Stay in Cassis! That rockband.gif Way better, and safer. Cheap, too. Catch the train from Marseilles and hoof the 4 klicks into town. Nice beach, cool routes. Soloed a bunch about 4 years ago.

Greg_W said:So go. I will help you pack, seriously. I'd love to; if you're not happy here, I'd love to help you get to where you would be.

I think I'll take your American dollars for a few years more and then move back when I'm ready to start a family. Just like all my other Euro friends do. wave.gif