The Guide's status??

sobo

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was doing the final page proofs last night.

Jason has already submitted his feedback to the publisher, and now I submit mine here in the next week or so, and its as done as done gets.

The book goes to the press in mid-July, will be pressed over August, boxed up, shipped out, and hitting shelves sometime in Sept/Oct. It should be available online at Mnteers Books before it gets to the shelves.

There are still some mistakes we are finding, primarily with maps and photos which are only done on the second pass through the proofs, but they are becoming much more rare.

I've tried to get the photos back to the submitters here in the last few months, but its a slow process that involves alot of trips to the post office, so I do it in batches.

Hopefully I will get to actually climb some ice this year, instead of drive around looking at it! Hope this season is a good one!

Alex

Thanks for the update, Alex. Best of all luck to you and jason for the upcoming sales! Thanks from all of us for your joint efforts in putting it all together.

Please post to this forum when it hits the M'neers online catalogue.

Reach high, swing softly, and stick well! bigdrink.gif

...sobo

sobo said:

Thanks for the update, Alex. Best of all luck to you and jason for the upcoming sales!

Heh, yeah right! I don't think Jason or I have any illusions about how many copies of this will sell, there just arent that many ice climbers here in WA and its not a desitination like the Cdn Rockies or even New England. We are just hoping enough people get out and have fun with it.

We'll post something when the book becomes available...but for now, FOR GOD'S SAKE, its SUMMER, go climb some ROCKS! smile.gif

(sick of thinking about ice climbing)

Alex

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Jason_Martin said:

The book should be available at your favorite gear shop in just a couple weeks... That is if you're more interested in supporting the shops than Amazon.

Jason

im not. fuck the shops and the asshole employees who spray bout shit they dont know.

oh wait. beck got fired.

nevermind.

Jason_Martin said:

The book should be available at your favorite gear shop in just a couple weeks... That is if you're more interested in supporting the shops than Amazon.

Jason

I got my advanced copy in the mail and it looks pretty good. It made me really jones for ice season to start. With the weather we've had lately, I'm getting pretty keen.

You'll be able to buy the guidebooks direct off the Mountaineers Books website.

Ironically, the route in the cover photo isnt in the guide!! hellno3d.gif

lummox said:

Jason_Martin said:

Jason

im not. fuck the shops and the asshole employees who spray bout shit they dont know.

oh wait. beck got fired.

nevermind.

yelrotflmao.gif