Zodiac - Yosemite

Peter_Puget

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

No but I've free soloed 5.7. Of course the route was super short and it was at 38. Hubers done 14d, I've done 10-. So I'd feel comfertable at a level that much lower. That would be like 5.4/5.5 for me. Free soloed that stuff. But who hasn't?!?

Have you heard what those guys do in the alps? 5.12+ onsight hand drilling on the lead. That's fricken crazy! I think he had 1 bolt on a 50m 5.12d pitch once. hellno3d.gif

bigwalling said:

No but I've free soloed 5.7. Of course the route was super short and it was at 38. Hubers done 14d, I've done 10-. So I'd feel comfertable at a level that much lower. That would be like 5.4/5.5 for me. Free soloed that stuff. But who hasn't?!?

Have you heard what those guys do in the alps? 5.12+ onsight hand drilling on the lead. That's fricken crazy! I think he had 1 bolt on a 50m 5.12d pitch once. hellno3d.gif

hellno3d.gifyellaf.gif no f-in way man... aint the same... dood... also... he was looking at a 100+ foot fall... on one piece of gear... aint no comparison...

bigwalling said:

there aint no way that it was taht easy for him... why would he even take a rope at all then? i certainly wouldn't he probably could have done it in an hour if this was the case... this was s-e-r-i-o-u-s climbing man... slip, you die... baddass! bigdrink.gif

That pitch is still pretty easy for him. The guy has free soloed super hard routes that are looong. That part shown starts as .7 then .11 fingers to .8 hands (supertopo). So a guy like that would find it very easy. 5.11 is easy for Alex. He was climbing 5.12 cracks within a week of his first trad experiance!

jake