Zodiac - Yosemite

Peter_Puget

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fence_Sitter said:

bigwalling said:

No but I've free soloed 5.7. Of course the route was super short and it was at 38. Hubers done 14d, I've done 10-. So I'd feel comfertable at a level that much lower. That would be like 5.4/5.5 for me. Free soloed that stuff. But who hasn't?!?

Have you heard what those guys do in the alps? 5.12+ onsight hand drilling on the lead. That's fricken crazy! I think he had 1 bolt on a 50m 5.12d pitch once. hellno3d.gif

there aint no way that it was taht easy for him... why would he even take a rope at all then? i certainly wouldn't he probably could have done it in an hour if this was the case... this was s-e-r-i-o-u-s climbing man... slip, you die... baddass! bigdrink.gif

Fence...believe it or not, anything under .12c is a joke for those guys...they will not tire on anything under 13a period, no pump, no nothing...

For what its worth Huber has SOLOED .13d....as well as 7a+ Grade 4 climbing...

In general, whoever said something about no good climbers in washington is SPOT FUCKING ON...we suck in a macro and micro cosm...and that's bouldering/sport/trad/big wall/alpine...this is what polishnutjobbob has been saying since day 1!

JoshK said:

Interestingly enough, falling 100 feet on 5.13 terrain is going to have much the same result as falling 100 feet on 5.2 terrain. hahaha.gifGeek_em8.gifcantfocus.gif

interestingly enough 100 feet of AIR on 5.13 terrain (assuming rope held w/ a factor 2 fall at the tie off point) will not kill you...tumbling 100 feet down 5.2 terrain will fuck you up (think ledges, etc.)

i've soloed up XXXXMASSIVE EDIT(DON'T LIKE TALKING ABOUT SOLOING)XXXX...and i don't solo now that i've got kids...freaks the wife bad...enough that she'd put her foot down w/ climbing...

what i can or can't do is irrelevent though...I'm telling you this, anything under low 5.13 is a joke for those guys...point blank...And whoever said (bigwalling??) that 5.11 was ez for those guys is right...so easy its like walking for them...

you must really one day watch top notch climbers! And by top notch, i mean really top notch...not hacks...it will absolutely floor you...just floor you and redefine what you think is possible by a (well some anyway) humans...

Edited by RuMR

oh don't get me wrong...I'm giving the guy HUGE props...those guys are just MACHINES...that is my whole point...we think we climb??? HAHAHAHA we are wankers out having a good time thrashing around and calling it climbing...those guys a pure professionals...just f-ing amazing...and hirayama??? That crap he pulled off on lurking fear!!! WTF!!!

Fence_Sitter said:

multi-pitch? if so, damn that is sweet, i guess i soloed lizard yesterday, so it kinda fits, i just think that is bad-ass and i dont get why everyone is knocking it... cant we just give the feller 'props" so-to-speak? bigdrink.gif

No...not multipitch...just craggin'...done some runout stuff multipitch, but no soloing...that's the big leagues and i'm a pee wee t-ball bench warmer!!!

RuMR said:

oh don't get me wrong...I'm giving the guy HUGE props...those guys are just MACHINES...that is my whole point...we think we climb??? HAHAHAHA we are wankers out having a good time thrashing around and calling it climbing...those guys a pure professionals...just f-ing amazing...and hirayama??? That crap he pulled off on lurking fear!!! WTF!!!

yeah that was my original point too... people ass soon as they heard, were saying pink point this, its easy...bla bla bla...bull shit... i dont care how balsy and good you are... that was bold and amazing... makes me wanna go climb... unfortunately it will be in everett on some plastic yellaf.gif

They are shitsprayers pure and simple!!!

We had the opportunity to watch the basque team sending another wall route free when were last down there...its crazy how hard professionals climb! hahaha.gifhahaha.gif and how freaking bold they are!!