• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Fence_Sitter said:

READ YOUR POLICY.

WE DO OUR JOB, YOU NEED TO DO YOURS.

what is this a we fuck you... you fuck us thing? no...we pay you to provide a service... and it wasn't bullshit...theu tried to say that my bumper was already structurally damaged... bulll shiat... 6 months old! yellaf.gif

READ YOUR POLICY SHIT BRAINS.

I CANNOT BELIEVE HOW MANY PEOPLE NEVER READ THEIR POLICY. ANYTIME I AGREE TO ANYTHING I KNOW WHAT THE ENTIRE DOCUMENT SAYS AND WHAT IT MEANS TO ME...

what does my policy have to do with it? they said it was already damaged... what should i do? thake them to court? like you said...i wont win...i dont have the money to win... and it isn't worth the money to get a lawyer to get taht shit fixed, so i guess i will ahve a fucked bumper... rolleyes.gif and fuck...if anyone can read that ins. jibberish...(besides a isn. fuck) i would be really surprised... rolleyes.gif

eric said:

LEARN THE LAWS SMART GUY.

READ YOUR POLICY.

WE DO OUR JOB, YOU NEED TO DO YOURS.

ok einstien, read any PIP policy- it says clearly the insurace company is responsible to bring the customer to the pre- accident condition or pay for the treatment till MMI is reached (maximum medical improvement).

so here is a sample- a guy is hit by a car while riding his bike. fractured calvicle and scapula. reconstructive surgery later a company is sending him to IME 4 months after his accident. in a meantime he has to pay for pain meds and any tx out of his pocket, since his IME is 6 weeks ahead and of course some fuckwad issued stop payment on this case.

yeah- you don't loose cases, but you settle out of court without guilt admission. the policy is to fuck with people as long as possible, maybe they will wear down. for some strange reason insurance companies are still the highest proffit makers in the us right now. you say 60% of the claims are fraud? well i must say 99% of insurance companies are unethical bullshit.

part of the problem is the fabric of the society and general fittness level. if you haven't noticed 60% of the people are overweight. so maybe it would be a good idea to require a physical befre signing on to the insurance policy.

as far as fraud, i agree- there is some for sure. most of the practitioners i know are honest. if i see someone not improving, they are down a road and that's the end of the story.

YOU ALSO NEED TO KNOW THAT MOSYT INSURANCE ADJUSTERS ARE SCHMUCKS, STUCK IN SOME CORPORATE WHERHOUSE. THEY HATE THEIR JOBS, AND THE HATE THEIR LIVES. THEY KNOW HOW FUCKED THE INSURNACE INDUSTRY IS, BUT THEY PAY GOOD. AND THESE PEOPLE HAVE BEEN BEATEN DOWN BY THE CORPORATE MANTA SO THEY DO LITTLE THINKING FOR THEMSLEVES. THEY REMOVE THEMSELVES FROM THEIR JOB AND JUST DO IT. YOU THINK I LIKE TO LISTEN TO PEOPLES SOB STORIES ABOUT THEIR FUCKING CAR? NO, I COULD GIVE A RATS ASS.

so are the people who sign up for the policy responsible for this? if you hate your job so much why don't they go and do something else instead of fucking with people. maybe next time you're in er or a clinic and you need help, but you're stuck on a stretcher for hours on a hallway remember- they might be cranky because they just finished talking to an insurance company. i call your argument a complete horseshit.

mred.jpg

bob i am just jerking your chain.

tho like many fat slobby humans these peolpe have bought into a lifestyle in which chains them to these jobs.

i work for a small company...and i already adressed the court issue. my work is done well, so there is no chance for these lawyers to work me over...

and bob, i am just pulling your chain!

rbw1966 said:

Unlike the medical experts hired by attorneys right? They are bastions of objectivity, no?

You are right, RB, that "medical experts" on either side of most any litigation are not hired to be impartial. One might argue that our legal system, based on adversarial presentations by two opposing sides, prosecutor vs. defense, or plaintiff vs defendant, is messed up. However, we're not talking about litigation here. We're talking about a simple contract. You pay an insurance company - in advance - so that they'll pay your medical bills when you get injured in a car accident. As soon as you file your claim, they throw at you a whole staff of people all trained to cheat you -- and if you want to have your medical treatment paid for (as they promised to do) you HAVE to hire an attorney.

Question: how many people posting to this thread or people that you know have set out to defraud an insurance company by filing false or exaggerated claims? How many have had their legitimate claims chipped away at or downright denied because they didn't, as Erik put it, "have their ducks in a row?" How many have had their rates jacked up, or their policies cancelled, after filing claims which resulted from accidents which were not their fault? (This latter practice is against the law in Washington, by the way, but they do it all the time.)

Oh yes. I don't practice as a plaintiff's attorney, but I think Glasgow has probably identified the worst offenders in this arena when he names Allstate and Farmers. They DO suck.

mattp said:

. . . As soon as you file your claim, they throw at you a whole staff of people all trained to cheat you -- and if you want to have your medical treatment paid for (as they promised to do) you HAVE to hire an attorney.

I've never had this experience, nor have any of my friends. For the sake of clarity I want to emphasize that we are talking about PIP coverage and NOT coverage of another drivers policy following an accident.

Question: how many people posting to this thread or people that you know have set out to defraud an insurance company by filing false or exaggerated claims?

One. Successfully to the tune of over 10K, many years ago.

How many have had their legitimate claims chipped away at or downright denied because they didn't, as Erik put it, "have their ducks in a row?"

None of my friends nor myself have ever had this experience. The closest situation to this I can recall was when I totalled my truck and the insurance company tried to undervalue the replacement cost. All I had to do was provide three examples of similar vehicles and the asking prices for them. I did not think this was unreasonable at all. I recovered the fair replacement value of the truck.

How many have had their rates jacked up, or their policies cancelled, after filing claims which resulted from accidents which were not their fault? (This latter practice is against the law in Washington, by the way, but they do it all the time.)

Again, none in my experience.

Maybe my experience is outside of the norm since I researched insurance companies before spending my money and I am well-versed in insurance law. I am covered by State Farm.

erik said:

yup they do and then they send us to school on how to fuck with people and how to manipulate them when they are that their weakest moment...

i laugh all day at the suffering of others....

and my dress code includes shorts and chacos....and my own glock!!! come settle your claim bitch!!!!

hahaha.gif

here's a story for Bob- At a young age trask learned to shoot guns. Then he shot a fucker in anger and did a few years in the big house, where he got his formal education. He has never been unarmed since and really hasn't much of a conscience or an overall love of life. Bring it on mutherfucker.

RobBob said:

Oh yeah trask? I thought you pulled that stretch for that little teenybopper who didn't tell you she was only thut-teen. shocked.gif

No Rob, unlike a lot of these pedophiles, fags, lesbians and goat blowers that call themselves climbers, I like my 30'ish. wimmim like I like my coffee...hot and black.

I have had several dealings with insurance companies and not had too much problem. I did not hire lawyers mostly because in my experience the type of lawyers who will do this type of work are worse to deal with than the insurance agent. What I found was that insurance adjusters have their job because they are stupid. In addition they are trained to be assholes. Lawyers who work in this industry are not quite as stupid and are also assholes. It is easier to deal with a stupid asshole than a not so stupid asshole.

Insurance adjusters seem to want one thing: To get your claim off of their desk as quickly as possible. When I got hit by a car on my bike I simply created a list of exactly how many hours I was not able to do the things I wanted: most notably climbing. So after 7 months I had a list of hours that the accident had caused me to loose of my life. I then put a dollar value to these hours (My work salary at the time), and told the insurance company that is what I wanted a check for. At first they laughed. So evey time they called me to try and get me to sign their settlement paper I hung up on the insurance agent when he offered less. After about 8 months of dealing with this shmuck he called one day and says " I managed to work something out for you." And then he offered exactly what I asked for. I got the check later that day and also wrote in to the settlement that I would have paid dr visits for any future elbow tendonitis that resulted from my accident.

alasdair

everyone i work with has a college degree and are all on top of it. so your stupid comment is off base. i know plenty of people in all industries that are stupid. you wanna talk computer tech help!!!!

and yes they are assholes and for a good reason!!!!

and see you played the game and won!!

Both of the insurance agents I worked with seemed really fucking dumb. Maybe they are trained to act dumb. After getting hit by the car the Gieco adjuster and I had a 45 minute conversation about why the accident was infact 100% their clients fault and not 85% their fault. Their were points during this conversation where I simply burst out laughing because what the guy was saying was so fucking stupid. After about two weeks I finally got it in writing that it was in fact 100% their clients fault.

Here's a good insurance story for you dorks:

I spoke with an adjuster that represented my particular home-owner's policy. I explained that the front of my house was all old, single-pane glass, and that the winter storms rattled the windows so hard that I feared they would shatter. Will you cover the cost of replacement?

He said, "Tough shit, how's that our problem...sounds like homeowner maintenance?"

I said, "Okay bud, I guess I'll just let them blow in and send you a $40,000 bill for contents damage."

He said, "Okay, you pay the $250 deductible, and we'll pay for the new windows. Go get your new glass."

I said, "Thanks dude, have a nice day bigdrink.gif."

Ya see - It's all on how you approach it.

So you made a claim to get some fucking windows replaced and the insurance company then jacked up your rate so you really ended up paying for the fucking window any way. Even if they did not jack your rate if you have real claim in the next two years they they will drop you and you will be fucked. Apparently you have beat out the insurance agents on the dumb scale Trask.

Rates didn't go up, as they see "glass" differently than other claims. They also gave me a new roof about 4 years ago. True, If I file a claim in the near future, they may drop me, but they WILL pay the claim first. Actually, it's a non-issue, as I've had the new glass for just over two years now.