BG TRAIL USERS BEWARE!!!!!!

Dave_Schuldt

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jim said:

Ouch - that's grim. My first job in Seattle was a messenger for 6 months. Compared to D.C and NYC Seattle is a pretty tame city for biking. But I kinda mix rules on my daily 30 mi commute. You have to to survive. Even if you obey all the laws the aholes will get after you. It's always heads up. I recently was in the right lane coming to a red light, usually I stay to the side by the close to the curb was full of water so I stayed in the middle. Some jerk leaned on his horn and bumped my bike from behind (at a red light!). I flipped him off he got out of his car, I dropped my bike, he got back in his car and locked it. Jerk.

That's fucking classic!!! yelrotflmao.gif I love it when people yell shit out of their window when they pass me, only for me to catch up to them at the next red light.

There must be some name for that, like the Spando effect, where people think you are some 5'4" skinny french weasel just because you are riding a bike, until they see you up close and realize you're fully capable of bashing their head in.

b-rock said:

Kiwi said:

A cyclist going 20 mph on a 35 mph road in heavy traffic is wrong.

Wrong morally? Wrong legally? Whatever dude. I pay taxes too, we share the road.

THE MAJORITY OF TAXES FOR PUBLIC ROADWAYS COMES FROM THE GAS TAX.

Attitude said:

Kiwi said:

Bzzzzt. Wrong. Thank you for playing.

I have the right to ride down the road in my car and on my bicycle. It's a speed limit, not a speed requirement.

according to my cop neighbor, you can be ticketed for going too slow or impeding the natural flow of traffic.

Kiwi said:

Attitude said:

It's a speed limit, not a speed requirement.

No doubt, but it's still inconsiderate of you to hold people up. It's not about being impatient either.
So everytime you some up behind a vehicle on a two lane road, you expect them to pull over, out of your way, or they are being 'inconsiderate'? hellno3d.gif

rolleyes.gif

trask said:

Attitude said:

Kiwi said:

I have the right to ride down the road in my car and on my bicycle. It's a speed limit, not a speed requirement.

according to my cop neighbor, you can be ticketed for going too slow or impeding the natural flow of traffic.

Ask your cop neighbor if he would ticket a cyclist for riding on the road at 20 mph in a 35 zone.

Attitude said:

Kiwi said:

Attitude said:

It's a speed limit, not a speed requirement.

No doubt, but it's still inconsiderate of you to hold people up. It's not about being impatient either.
So everytime you some up behind a vehicle on a two lane road, you expect them to pull over, out of your way, or they are being 'inconsiderate'? hellno3d.gif

rolleyes.gif

I'd say 98% of the time vehicles are traveling at or above the posted speed limit. For the occasional Raison driving 20 under, I say run the fucker off the road.

Attitude said:

trask said:

Attitude said:

Kiwi said:

Ask your cop neighbor if he would ticket a cyclist for riding on the road at 20 mph in a 35 zone.

Probably not, UNLESS you were impeding someone from passing you safely. (meaning, get over as far as safely possible and let the cars pass). What's so difficult to understand?

jon said:

trask said:

According to my middle finger the_finger.gif you can eat a dick Trask yelrotflmao.gif

Jon, when you're picking tree slivers outta your ass from me blowing by you, I'll be sure to take note of the finger you gave me right before you dismounted.

trask said:

Attitude said:

Probably not, UNLESS you were impeding someone from passing you safely. (meaning, get over as far as safely possible and let the cars pass). What's so difficult to understand?

Not a thing.

This is different that the scenario that Kiwi presented. He simply said that a cyclist at 20 mph shouldn't be on a posted 35 mph road in heavy traffic. He didn't say or imply that the cyclist was impeding the normal flow of traffic. Cyclists are part of the normal flow of traffic.

trask said:

jon said:

trask said:

According to my middle finger the_finger.gif you can eat a dick Trask yelrotflmao.gif

Jon, when you're picking tree slivers outta your ass from me blowing by you, I'll be sure to take note of the finger you gave me right before you dismounted.

Well then you better starting winding up those rubber bands on your Pinto hombre.

Attitude said:

rolleyes.gif

Yeah, that's it. rolleyes.gif It's pretty black-and-white when you are holding up five or more cars.

Fine! I'll say it! When I'm on hour 5 of a 6 hour ride and I'm soaking wet and freezing cold and bonking out of my mind I could honestly give a fuck whether I'm holding you up from a hair appointment that you are already late for.

Attitude said:

This is different that the scenario that Kiwi presented. He simply said that a cyclist at 20 mph shouldn't be on a posted 35 mph road in heavy traffic. He didn't say or imply that the cyclist was impeding the normal flow of traffic. Cyclists are part of the normal flow of traffic.

The 'heavy traffic' comment was to explain why passing was impossible.