Got Dreams

texplorer

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

hellno3d.gifhellno3d.gifhellno3d.gif Holy shit! But I don't feel like spending all my money and time getting stormed off shit. Nice pic, though.

I was reading a back issue of Climbing Rag that had an article by Jay Smith about climbing in the Fitzroy group. The title was something like "Eighteen Pitches in Fifty Eight Days" Conservatively, I figure that's about a month of sitting around waiting for weather. Imo, can't see a FA of an already climbed summit being worth so much mind-numbing boredom. With plenty of drugs, it might be a different story...

MY FRIEND WENT DOWN TWO WINTERS AGO AND CLIMBED 14 DAYS STRAIGHT. EVEN GOT AN FA.

SO ALL YOU NAYSAYERS SHOULD JUST GO BACK TO WATCHING TV!!!!

THAT PIC GIVES ME WOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHEN YA WANNA LEAVE??

ScottP said:

hellno3d.gifhellno3d.gifhellno3d.gif Holy shit! But I don't feel like spending all my money and time getting stormed off shit. Nice pic, though.

I was reading a back issue of Climbing Rag that had an article by Jay Smith about climbing in the Fitzroy group. The title was something like "Eighteen Pitches in Fifty Eight Days" Conservatively, I figure that's about a month of sitting around waiting for weather. Imo, can't see a FA of an already climbed summit being worth so much mind-numbing boredom. With plenty of drugs, it might be a different story...

man, no perspective! i've got a couple of friends going down there this winter. I sure the hell would love to be going with them!

My wife and I are planning a trip next winter. Probly just a trek, but thats cool cause I'd just like to see those cliffs with my own eyes. Plus it will be easier to appreciate the beauty with out the stress of getting routes in. Plus I'll b more inspired to go back with a partner...

Yeah, I know...no cell coverage down there, so STFU the_finger.gif

There are some moderates in the shadows down there. Cerro Solo from Camp Bridwell near the CerroTorre group is a good one, just need glacier equipment. And Cerro McMillian (sp?) is a fun scramble from Fitzroy camp with a couple of 4th class moves to get on the table-top sized summit. I'm sure there's others but that's all I've done. The big guys are outta my league though I still contemplate the American route on Fitzroy.

Somewhere I would love to go, probably more for trekking than serious climbing, but not real high on the list, not sure when it will ever happen. There's a lot of places like that. The weather does have a reputation for being generally horrible, but the rock and scenic beauty bring back the diehards year after year.