smiffy driving time

sayjay

me, the hubba and some friends are going to make the migration down to smiffy for the long weekend.

wondering if anyone knows the drive time via I-90/Yakima vs. just heading S on I-5 (assuming no traffic for either one). hoping to avoid the Seattle/Tacoma/Olympia traffic mess... tongue.gif

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

about 5 hrs via i-90 if you go above 70mph most of the way

much fewer cops along the 90 & 97 than on i5

i used to go i5 to pdx then cross hood but now i go by 90 & 97 every time. more fun drive, better scenery etc.

Ohhhhh, waitaminute. Many LEO's await unsuspecting prey along 97 once south of Biggs Junction in OR. All those little burgs out there around Shaniko are just looking for speeders. Been busted several times in teh Supra before I got skewled and bought into the BIG HONKIN' SUV that don't go so fast.

sayjay: Takes about 2 hours 15 minutes to 2.5 hours to Yakivegas. From there, get to Toppenish and head out US 97 to Goldendale and across the stream to Biggs Junction. Time from Yakima to Terrebonne is about 3.5 hours at posted speed limits. It takes about 4 hours from my house to Sun VIllage outside of Bend, so I'm guessing it's about a half hour less to Smith.

Just did this drive last weekend. Took 5:15 from Issaquah going through Yakima at speed limit + 5mph. No cops. I prefer this route. On way home major

cop action on i-5 and much traffic. Expect the same over Mem. Day. It's going to be hot Saturday.

Take the sun clothes or go to the back side.

Hey SayJay, always looking to meet some board denizens so swing by and crack a bigdrink.gif with us if you're in the Grasslands for the long weekend. We'll be the site with a huge jacked-up-rhinolined Landcruiser (exterior) and a couple of soobies. wave.gif

SayJay- Shaniko/greenvalley/moro area definitely keep the ole eyes peeled for the illustrious five-O

i-FIVE sucks...

much faster going I-90 to E-burg then to Crakima and highway 97....you can go 70 south of toppenish on 97 as the speed limit is 65.. have fun and give ole DFA a kiss for us!

bigdrink.gif

5 to 5.5 hours from the Eastside to Smith is about right. I think we made it from Bend to Bellevue in 5:15 one time, of course we made zero stops.

I would definately go 97 this weekend, traffic almost a guaranteed clusterfuck all day on Friday.

They have repaved portions of the drive in Oregon, starting at the Columbia. It's much more pleasant but there seems to be more cops like by Moro(?).

I made a major error last time I drove down, I was doing between 70 - 90 at night in the Sube between Toppenish and Goldendale. Of course I slowed down before Goldendale knowing there was a State Patrol station there, but it was too late, he got me way up the road, luckily only at 72. Speed limit is 60. I got off for having a clean record and being honest. the_finger.gif

jon said: I got off for having a clean record and being honest.

That's not what I heard from Dan -!

Seems like I have the 5 hour number stuck in my head for time from Olympia, where we don't have an easy option to east of the mountains. The same amount of time gets one to Squamish, which usually wins that coin toss for me.

Szyjakowski said:

the traffic to UT always sux...

hey sorry about the other weekend Distal

i got a small flesh wound on friday nite that prevented me from climbing. Next time you go to Ltown though let me know and we'll crank some MSB.

have fun down south you dog!

bigdrink.gif

E-rock said:

You've been using that excuse for WEEKS!

fuck yeah he has............

pitty.gif