Climbing and emotional state

dryad

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, in case anyone is wondering how my anger-channeling experiment went, turns out it didn't go at all.

Just as I was about to pull out of work I noticed that one of my tires was totally flat. madgo_ron.gif So I put the donut on, headed over to Les Schwab to get my tire fixed, waited for an hour, and then found out it had an unfixable gaping hole in the sidewall. It looked like some rabid mutant razor-fanged snaf.gif took a chomp out of it. WTF? confused.gif

So after shelling out $57 for a new tire, I went home, watched a couple of Buffy reruns, did some packing and discovered that the stuff I need for this weekend doesn't all fit into my smaller pack so I have to pull out the big honkin' expedition number, and went to sleep. Just an all-around extra-special super-suck day yesterday.

YA KNOW.....

I USED TO GET PISSED ALL THE TIME...IT COST ME IN CLIMBING AND IT COST ME IN MY REAL LIFE. FINALLY FIGURED OUT THAT IT DID NOTHING FOR ME, HURT ME REALLY.

SO I MADE A CHANGE, NOW I DON'T GET PISSED.

AND MY WHOLE LIFE, INCLUDING CLIMBING HAS BENEFITTED FROM IT.

DONT GET PISSED, IT IS A TOTAL LWASTE OF ENERGY. I DISEPATE THE ENERGY IN DIFFERENT WAYS NOW.

I know a guy who claims that he is more at peace and "more centered" than the average guy thanks to the copious amount of masturbation that he engages in. He calls it "clearing the decks". Hey, whatever works.

dryad said:

I know a guy who claims that he is more at peace and "more centered" than the average guy thanks to the copious amount of masturbation that he engages in. He calls it "clearing the decks". Hey, whatever works.

Sounds like some kind of desperate goob who's just looking for any excuse to tell people about how he whacks off. What a pervo! hellno3d.gif

Dr_Flash_Amazing said:

dryad said:

Sounds like some kind of desperate goob who's just looking for any excuse to tell people about how he whacks off. What a pervo! hellno3d.gif

I'll clear the deck with the real thing before doing it myself...he sounds like a guy that doesn't get any.

Really? In DFA's opinion, Hamm's has a bit better flavor. But then again, you're paying an extra dime a can or so for that flavor. But it's worth it. Plus, everyone and their [insert house pet] is jocking the PBR for all it's worth these days. They're probably selling that shit down at Hot Topic for eight bucks a sixer.

In any case, the cans (the wiiiiide-mouth cans) are beckoning. It could be time soon! grin.gif

erik said:

YA KNOW.....

I USED TO GET PISSED ALL THE TIME...IT COST ME IN CLIMBING AND IT COST ME IN MY REAL LIFE. FINALLY FIGURED OUT THAT IT DID NOTHING FOR ME, HURT ME REALLY.

SO I MADE A CHANGE, NOW I DON'T GET PISSED.

AND MY WHOLE LIFE, INCLUDING CLIMBING HAS BENEFITTED FROM IT.

DONT GET PISSED, IT IS A TOTAL LWASTE OF ENERGY. I DISEPATE THE ENERGY IN DIFFERENT WAYS NOW.

You are a laid back guy. bigdrink.gif

I must agree with you about it being a total waste of energy and time.

"When we spend precious time worrying about what MIGHT happen, anxiety becomes negative baggage that weighs us down, saps out energy, leaves us ineffective, and pulls us away from the task at hand."

This could be the reason I can't climb with certain people. tongue.gif